WolfGT 02 TJ

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Looking good Greg. On my 44 I ran the tie rod in stock position and the drag link off the high steer arm. Are you changing the pitman arm or anything? I could never get full steering with my Dana 44.
There are two holes I can use on the high steer arm. I'm am told that one of them will give me the full steering that I'm used to but will loose leverage. I am going to go with that for now and see what it's like. Most likely look at power assist in the near future.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Picked up the sliders today and while I was there, the windshield armor was finally in the paint booth.

Now only if Clemson4Wheel would finish my Jeep so I can put all this stuff on it.

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well my SkidRow engine skid plate has done well for me (taken a lot of abuse) and the stock skid plate has too. I have had to remove them many times and beat them semi-flat and put them back on. Now that the lower control arm mount that the skid plate was using to mount is no more, I would have to do some modification to make it work. Since it has been beaten badly and the stock skid needs to go anyway. I made a last minute purchase from Clayton Off Road.

Should arrive next week.

The main skid

The engine skid

And the two together

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Probably too much. $767 (free shipping). But it's the best design I could find. The engine skid has a well build support bracket unlike any other I found and the main skid is completely smooth. It uses a brace that hides under it to support the trans. Pretty sweet setup. Looking forward to putting it on. Slightly worried that I may need to trim something to work with the Genright 3-link setup, but we'll see.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Turns out the spindles that I had with my axle are no good. When the bearings were installed instead of seating properly, they just spun. So, new spindles added to the build.

All prepped for tomorrow. I should be picking the jeep up in the morning unless I hear otherwise tonight. Then it is back to the house to start the armor install. Not sure how long that will take.

Any special prep between the corner guards and the tub? The rig I just bought has black caulking around the sliders and other crevices to keep grit and mud out. Looks like a great idea to me.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I did that to my rock sliders that just came off and honestly it didn't keep anything out and now I get to clean that crap off. Not sure if I'm going to do it this time or not. But I do have it if I decide to.