WolfGT 02 TJ

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Latest update:

FYI, I didn't take these pics, so if they are blurry, don't blame me :)

This is the coil spring hoop kit (on the left) from Genright with limit straps and all. I think they call it their 1st gen kit because they have a newer version ... and the 3 link kit on the right.

Moved the studs to the outer holes in the Yukon shafts and drilled the rotors.

Mocked up the hoops and working on the axle placment.

Got the trackbar bracket mocked and the shock temporarily installed.

Driver

Passenger (notice how close the track bar is to the frame)

Front

And here it is under its own weight

Cole is working with Genright to figure out the best thing to do with the clearance of the track bar and the lack of uptravel. I ordered a set of King air bumps and will have them to Cole Monday so he can get everything completely mocked and then all finished up. I should have it back Tuesday or Wednesday.

A nice shot to finish this post off positively.

OOOOOOOOO, pretty. This is with the Jeep sitting on them with it's full weight.

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Why not? I have never had an issue. I can see them with no problem on the tapatalk app (iPhone) and all the computers I use. What is the issue?

In the picture from the front looks like you can cut the axle side mount down and will give you some more room between track bar and frame...I'd also throw your drag link on to make sure your angles on track bar and drag link are the same looks to me like axle side can come down a bunch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
That's the plan, just waiting for the knuckles to get done at durham's shop (getting the flat tops machined for the high steer arms). And the everything will be together so we can see. Then we will know what path to take. He will most likely notch the frame and may also go ahead and do an engine lift.

That's the plan, just waiting for the knuckles to get done at durham's shop (getting the flat tops machined for the high steer arms). And the everything will be together so we can see. Then we will know what path to take. He will most likely notch the frame and may also go ahead and do an engine lift.
Who's doing it for you? Just curious

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Stopped in to drop off a few more parts (air bumps and brackets). Looks like I may not be able to do the high steer setup with the amount of lift that I have. Too many things trying to occupy the same space. But Cole is going to try a few more things to be sure. I may have to run the tie rod in the normal location but may still be able to run the track bar to the high steer arm. It's the track bar and the tie rod that are interfering. Should have it all figured out today and welded up. I left the front fenders for him to mock up so he can test the flex so he can set the bumps right (keep the tires out of the fenders).

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
A couple pics from today.

The knuckles are back machined and drilled for the high steer.

And just another picture of it being worked on.

Last edited:

01tj

Looking good Greg. On my 44 I ran the tie rod in stock position and the drag link off the high steer arm. Are you changing the pitman arm or anything? I could never get full steering with my Dana 44.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The new armor will definitely make the existing body look sad. But I don't think I'll have any time to do anything about it before oscar.