WolfGT 02 TJ

01tj

Seriously though, it will be at OSCAR3, but I am also wanting to take it to Gulches for a shake down before that. Maybe you will have yours done too and we can test out there at the same time. Then I can yell at you if your old chromos snap :)
I forgot you ended up with those shafts!! Put some good joints in them, Spicers didn't last long in there. I'm hoping to break mine in at AOP in May.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Work is finally underway. Still waiting on parts from GenRight and TrailReady. But he has taken the axle apart and cleaned off all the old brackets. Here it is with the new truss mocked up. He says he is going to cut it down to sit closer to the diff but isn't going to do it until he gets it mocked up under the jeep.

The gears that were in the axle.

The new 14" Kings for the front.

Looks like it's sitting on full widths when the fenders are off.

The rest of the parts are supposed to show up Thursday or Friday. I should have the jeep back in the middle of the week next week.

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Genright 3 Link Front Kit, with Links

The Kit INCLUDES:

• Super thick, heavy duty Laser cut and CNC bent brackets & mounts.
  • Fully Adjustable Genuine Currie forged Johnny Joints, which have 1-1/4" threaded shafts!
  • Super Tough 2" diameter x 1/4" thick wall D.O.M. Control arm tubing that can be cut to any length.
  • Control arm inserts (bungs) are machined with LEFT or RIGHT hand threads to make fine length adjustments of each control arm (for pinion angle, castor, etc.) easy.
  • Trac bar is also thick wall D.O.M. tubing.
  • Top grade FK brand 7/8" CroMoly Heim end for the Trac Bar.
  • New Grade 8 Hardware.
  • Detailed color installation instructions & diagrams.

Last edited:
They look and work good Greg. I will be putting them back in the Rubicon. I had to take them off to remove the armor. It had two in the corners of the bumper also and I took them out and will just replace my broken one with one of those. The ones in the bumper were waiting to get broken off anyway, so I just welded the bumper up.

Let me be more informative on original statement:
Those lights suck to get off once they have been on a while bc they have a PVC ring that screws on to hold them. Dirt gets built up in there and its next to impossible to remove them without breaking them. The look sweet though.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Cool, thanks for the info. My plan is to mount them in the part of the tub just below the rear door/tailgate. Should be about the right size to fit nicely and not have to make holes in the armor.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Took a run out to the shop this morning to get some of the old stuff out of the way. The Jeep has the front links mocked up with the axle housing. I don't think I will be getting it tomorrow. I really wish I was, but it would be a miracle if he got it done. But I got to hold up one of the new armor pieces and the paint looks like a good match. I mean, they used the paint code and I gave them one of the door hinges to make sure it matched, but I'm still nervous about it. Got to see the wheels and tires (sitting on the show room). Man they look sweet. So, I'm looking at getting the Jeep early next week. So that most likely means I will need to take a day or two off next week so I can have it ready to test next weekend. One good thing that I noticed when looking at the jeep is how wide open the engine bay is with the front fenders off. I think I will go ahead and take advantage of that and mount the new air compressors (where I currently have the ARB unit) before putting the new fenders on.

I have decided to tow it to OSCAR. Having all this work done just makes me nervous right before a trip so far away. This will also give me a good idea how the truck will handle towing just the jeep on a car hauler.

Will be picking up the sliders from the paint shop tomorrow. The windshield armor will be done next week sometime.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Here is some of the stuff that got pulled off the jeep. If you are interested in any of it, shoot me a pm. I'll get them posted up for sale when things settle down.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395352794.839811.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395352806.487377.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395352815.619839.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Brooks - Fenders?, Tripp or Chris - Trackbar?

I thought you had the 30 sold?

I think you should skip the run and come to gulches for a test run :).