• Welcome to the New OffroadSC - We have successfully migrated to our new Non-Profit Servers. Our team has been working hard to make this migration as smooth as possible. If you experience any issues, please let us know via the Housekeeping > Technical Problems Section.

WolfGT 02 TJ

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My brother's F150 has a fan that pulls air across the fuel rail on his 300i6. Don't now why Jeep never did this. He has NEVER had an issue.
It isn't an issue in normal operation. But crawling rocks, working it hard on a trail on a 95 degree day with no wind pretty much cooks it. I've never had an issue just driving it like a normal vehicle. Also, it's not an issue while the engine is running. But if you cut it off while it's hot, then get back in and try to restart it, it spits and sputters for a couple minutes. But the problem goes away soon after. I just don't think that kind of a heat soak is very good for the engine, so, I'll do what I can to give it a chance.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My brother's F150 has a fan that pulls air across the fuel rail on his 300i6. Don't now why Jeep never did this. He has NEVER had an issue.
I remember seeing a thread where somebody mounted basically a PC cooling fan that blew over the rail. If you had a way to set that up on a timer where it would run for a while after shutdown...