What did you do to your rc this week?

New Allen wrench? or grind down your old wrench. I had been having issues with every bolt I tried tightening was stripped, come to find out it was my tool had gotten a little rounded(i think thats by design) Also i think the MIPs are SAE not metric.

started with an old one and then went and bought a new metric and sae set. The screw was pretty rounded at and stuck at that point, woke up early this morning and couldnt sleep before work and got irritated with it and started to drill. decided to stop that before i screwed something up. maybe somehow try to weld a little allen wrench inside the set screw? I dont weld so i dont know if a weld could be small enough to not get on the outside of the driveshaft itself. i ordered a few new set screws this morning just need to get this darn thing out!!!

yeah thats what im trying top avoid, fjklfjasdklfhoaghjasdf
Left hand drill bit? Drill a pilot hole with a tiny bit then try the Left hand. Also might not hurt to throw some heat on it. I put loctite on mine, Im sure they would be a bitch to take out without cooking the loctite out.

I think im going to give the left hand drill it a try tonight. I put loctite on mine as well, when i tried to remove it this morning i heated it up with the solering iron but still no good. I guess ill see if i feel like messing with it tonight after work. Im trying to decide if i should even mess with it before Harlan because the only reason im taking it out is so i can change the bearing while im rebuilding the axles.

I need a slipper clutch disk. I think the same one is used on the scx10 and wraith, If you wouldn't mind grabbing one for me, I'll get it at Oscar. I think it's like $8 bucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah what does OD UD mean?
OD (over drive) is a higher gear ratio, and the UD (under drive) is a lower gear ratio, so the comp guys run a OD gear in the front axle to make it turn a little faster than the rear, it helps the truck crawl over stuff and not backflip so much.

Stock gear ratio is 2.92:1, the OD is 2.57:1 and the UD is 3.31:1