What did you do to your rc this week?

Got a transmission for my scaler project that im buildin right now. sent my servos off to get rebuilt as well.
mounted up all my rock beast IIs and ordered a new 4s 3000 lipo for the wraith. also in the process of programing the cheater mode on my wraith esc so that at full throttle the pro4 will get 10 degrees of advanced timing. creampuff you're on the hitlist! :flipoff2:

castle mamba max pro by far the best esc ive messed with! especially with brushless motors. very easy programing with the castlelink and so many features. im running a brushed custom brood 35t in my scaler project so im going to go with the holmes waterproof brxl.

Eh not really sure, I think my electrical system is out of wack and not tuned up correctly. My cc bec went bad so I took that out, my Rx was close to taking a ****, my transmitter rattled from pieces broke inside, motor was pretty rough (before rebuild) my drag brake isn't working. I believe I can change stuff on the brxl with a castle link right? Should I order another bec? I know the brxl has a pretty good internal one but not sure if it would help if I put a new bec in? I guess I'll see when I get it all out back together and excited to try out the 4pl. Still lots to learn ha trial and error.

I would like to go brushless but I'm scared I would mess it up as I like to take mine in water and I've heard that's a pretty big no no for that.

Last edited:
Got a transmission for my scaler project that im buildin right now. sent my servos off to get rebuilt as well.
mounted up all my rock beast IIs and ordered a new 4s 3000 lipo for the wraith. also in the process of programing the cheater mode on my wraith esc so that at full throttle the pro4 will get 10 degrees of advanced timing. creampuff you're on the hitlist! :flipoff2:
Where did you order your batteries from and what brand?

Quick question, since the 4pl is a nicer transmitter and I can adjust most things from that is it still necessary for me to order a castle link to adjust things? 4pl isn't here yet so I'm not sure.

I always recommend a bec because it takes that much more strain aka heat out of the esc. also the castle link is a great tool with all kinds of tunes. definately get one. the one you posted is the field programmer which is great for on the fly adjustments. the one with the most features is the computer hook up version and is easier to use. i have one that i can bring to oscar but someone would need to have a computer to use it. a tune can be put on real quick heres a link if you want to go ahead and get one for youself. http://www.castlecreations.com/products/castle_link.html
brushless is awesome but the only down fall is they hate water. a lot of people on rcc have had good luck breaking the motor down and soak everything in corrosion x. i havent done it yet cause i really dont want to have to buy another $100 motor. plus im building a scaler now that will be fully waterproof. the 4pl adjusts things like steering and throttle trim and the epa's for both as well. it can also handle dual escs for moa vehicles and can control rear steer as well as dig units.
i order my batts from hobbypartz and get sky lipos all 40c.

Cool thanks, I'm thinking if I run 4s it well pep the slow 35t up alittle.

3s will pep the 35T up a ton and wont wear out brushes as fast as 4s. The higher the voltage the more often you have to rebuild it with new brushes and cut the com.

There was a castle link on rcc classifieds for $15 last night, you can catch them for less than $20 shipped pretty often.