Renegade CJ

Got a couple things accomplished yesterday. Pressed in the races and packed the front wheel bearings. Installed the front axles and clearanced the knuckles for the new shafts. Have to get an 11/16 drill bit to drill my rotors today and will complete the front axle.

If UPS delivers everything I’ll assemble the engine this weekend.

Got some more done on the harness today. Had to order more loom to finish everything. Got the new tub all cut up underneath to clear the case. Still have to sit it on the frame to mark for the floor cuts. Started tearing the 8274 apart to clean it up and have it ready to bolt up.
Picking the engine up from the machine shop Monday and will assemble it next weekend.
Yee-Yee

Got some more done on the harness today. Had to order more loom to finish everything. Got the new tub all cut up underneath to clear the case. Still have to sit it on the frame to mark for the floor cuts. Started tearing the 8274 apart to clean it up and have it ready to bolt up.
Picking the engine up from the machine shop Monday and will assemble it next weekend.
Yee-Yee
sounds like good progress, you may beat me to the finish.

Highly doubt it. It may run and drive but I doubt it will be "finished" until the end of May now. Going to keep the hammer down though. Hoping we don't have to cancel our Moab trip for this year.

Moab will be a bit warm but were doing a few days in Colorado as well. Only way to hit both and not be completely miserable. Moab average temps are 87*F per the Google machine and I intend to have A/C in the CJ.

Hadn't planned to order the gauges until it was all together and after the Chyna Virus passes.....but, they just emailed me 15% off sale so looking like it's time to pull the trigger. Gauges will be factory CJ style, but all electric. Hope it turns out as cool on paper as it does in my head.

Made some stuff happen this Good Friday. As seen in the winch rebuild thread I got all of the 8274 case bead blasted today.
Had some buddies come over and throw the new tub on. Ended up clearance going for the case via BFH. Will still need to cut some for the shifters I’m sure. Tomorrow I plan to sand blast, wire wheel, and fully prep the tub inside and out. I have to move two body mounts up I think or run a taller bushing. Not real sure what he was thinking when he did the body mounts....
Hope to be building the cage next weekend and have the engine and tub in place for the next to last time.

6 hours of wire wheel and sand blaster action today and the tub is pretty well prepped. Going to sit it on the frame when I get some help his evening and get it fit in place. Will need to be scuffed and re-cleaned after all the work for the cage is done and then the top and bottom will get Raptor Liner.

75C15D64-5D3F-414A-9DD5-2284C5A1422A.jpeg 9BF2AEB9-AA7D-41E0-A2FF-DCA9161D3BE9.jpeg