Official Pull-a-part thread

pull a part J-10

found a 79 Jeep J-10 at pull a part last week in mid resto. frame/axles sanded and painted, body straight, doors look reproduction or just really straight, inner fenders, bumper, grill, etc. in the bed. I did get the tailgate for shop art though. hate to see this one get crushed and figured someone might bet some good parts off of it. not a J-10 fan and dont need waggy 44s but wish I could have bought the whole thing to save it from the crusher. figured someone might be interested. did get some pics I'll add up if someone wants them.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
found a 79 Jeep J-10 at pull a part last week in mid resto. frame/axles sanded and painted, body straight, doors look reproduction or just really straight, inner fenders, bumper, grill, etc. in the bed. I did get the tailgate for shop art though. hate to see this one get crushed and figured someone might bet some good parts off of it. not a J-10 fan and dont need waggy 44s but wish I could have bought the whole thing to save it from the crusher. figured someone might be interested. did get some pics I'll add up if someone wants them.
Cool. I may go pull the shafts if I can get out there Sunday. Post the pics here.

jtrucks are all widetracs and should be same as a widetrac cherokee front axle of similar year. Drumbrake front stubs will be different than disk brake stubs.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
are you running a widetrack axle or narrowtrack?
Are there different widths in a j10? I never knew exactly what mine was until I got another complete axle from a j10 and it was the same...

Still haven't found an exact match for the rear.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I pulled the shafts from the '79 J10. I can't believe that thing is in there. I didn't think to snap pictures, but it has been frame off, floor pans repaired, sprayed primer white, the frame has been sprayed black, the front axle was fresh rebuild (fluid was brand new)... It's a shame.

There are two later model J10's that are driver drop 44's. One of them had a centered 44 rear, the other I don't know what the axle was.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Anyone around Augusta that would be going to pull a part any time soon? They list a 1995 Geo Tracker. I need to know if it is a 16 Valve motor and if it still has the injector harness and EGR on it. There's also one in Knoxville, so I may be making a side trip while we're at Windrock...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Got incredibly lucky today. DJ and I rode to Augusta to check out the 1995 Tracker. When we got to the row it was on, about 20 cars down from the center isle had been taken to the crusher and it was the next one in line. For some reason they stopped at it and started from the other end of the row. There were only 4 cars left on the other side of it. 15 more minutes and it would have been gone.

The EGR valve had already been removed and was sitting on the intake! All I did was pull the injector harness connectors and I've got everything I need, I couldn't believe it. This is one of only two 95 trackers/sidekicks in all the PAP's in the southeast (other is in Knoxville), and '95 is the only year with the part I need. Someone had cut the fast idle switch plug off the harness, but I've already replaced that with the one from my harness and swapped the wiring over. Waiting on an EGR gasket from Autozone and it will back together with the right parts and hopefully no CEL!

The one on the right is off of my motor, the '97, with no temp sensor. The '95 is on the left.
IMAG0371.jpg

Last edited: