First time builder

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It being a limited slip, his locker choices are limited to full carrier replacements (is there still a lockrite for the ls carrier?). I'd run the LS and see how you like it.

Yeah, deff. atleast give it a shot as it sits. If it's too loose then do a locker. If it's tight enough you may find it works really well. I think Jimbo's did great in his TJ from what I saw.

I bought a swap kit from iron rock offroad I thought was good quality and good price. May also check out eastcoastgearsupply for brackets and I know they sell adapter and brake cables.

What about break lines? I looking at ECG
for breaklines all you really need is two of the passenger side explorer lines and two pieces of hardline.

but looking at the kit you mentioned, that is a pretty good deal considering you dont have to go chasing down parts at autozone. I would go with that kit. And now that you mention it, I may be redoing my brakelines too, finally clean up the crappy brake job I did 6 years ago.

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-4985622-ford-8-8-brake-line-kit.html

Just ordered the kit from Artec , the break lines and adapter flange from ECG. Oh and some magnetic beer koozies.
nice, this should be a pretty straight forward swap. The only thing you may need if you dont have them already is some adjustable upper control arms to dial in your pinion angle.

Got my parts from ECG today, man that was fast. I just ordered them Tues. hope the rest come in soon. I'm ready to put it back together while I'm off work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356485491.038767.jpg
This might be a stupid question, but is it ok for the drive shaft flange to be off center on the 8.8? This might be a more stupid question but do I have the axle right side up on the photo?

01tj

View attachment 2347
This might be a stupid question, but is it ok for the drive shaft flange to be off center on the 8.8? This might be a more stupid question but do I have the axle right side up on the photo?
Yeah its fine, and you have the axle right side up. Tons of people run them with no issues.. Did you get some brackets for it yet?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The abs sensor and fill plug are in the top so it looks like you've got it the right way. The pinion is offset slightly but that shouldn't be an issue.