First time builder

did you think about putting any bolts in it for a little extra? i think some grade 8 button head allens would look good and be functional. Looks good though!
good point, but I would go for stainless, grade 8 is a bit overkill, but bolting it may be a good idea if a rogue rock makes its way over the rock rail.

I'll bring up a little side conversation on stainless hardware.
Stainless #8 hardware may not be what you would want. Standard steel galvanized and painted hardware may be better. Stainless steel is a more dense metal, but in the case of being pushed to the limit you may not want it. Standard steel hardware will bend before it snaps, but the more dense stainless hardware will just snap in most cases. Just my experience in the years of working on heavy trucks and equipment. I rarely ever see stainless hardware on an application where there is a safety concern. IE: The 14 bolts 1" diameter that hold the lift/boom to the frame of the wrecker. Standard steel grade #8 bolts. Yes the bolts have actually been over loaded and deformed, even broke a few, but not just a shear. There are several grades of stainless hardware, and it's all according to application as to what you need. I am no big fan of stainless hardware in an application where it's integral!

I'll bring up a little side conversation on stainless hardware.
Stainless #8 hardware may not be what you would want. Standard steel galvanized and painted hardware may be better. Stainless steel is a more dense metal, but in the case of being pushed to the limit you may not want it. Standard steel hardware will bend before it snaps, but the more dense stainless hardware will just snap in most cases. Just my experience in the years of working on heavy trucks and equipment. I rarely ever see stainless hardware on an application where there is a safety concern. IE: The 14 bolts 1" diameter that hold the lift/boom to the frame of the wrecker. Standard steel grade #8 bolts. Yes the bolts have actually been over loaded and deformed, even broke a few, but not just a shear. There are several grades of stainless hardware, and it's all according to application as to what you need. I am no big fan of stainless hardware in an application where it's integral!
i'm going to agree with your last statement about not using it when strong hardware is needed, here we are talking about using them to bolt on a panel, that in all honesty would probably be fine held on by double sided tape haha.

My corners have been bolted on with stainless button heads for going on 8 years and have been beat up pretty good with no sheered bolts.

I've always thought stainless was more brittle than other types of bolts, but for this application it really doesn't matter. It's mostly cosmetic anyway. I do think some bolts would look good. I've used the tape in the sign industry for years it's supposedly good up to 120 mph wind load.

i'm going to agree with your last statement about not using it when strong hardware is needed, here we are talking about using them to bolt on a panel, that in all honesty would probably be fine held on by double sided tape haha.

My corners have been bolted on with stainless button heads for going on 8 years and have been beat up pretty good with no sheered bolts.
Right, it's all about the application.

Need some suggestions for upgrading my steering. My pump has about had it. What about that AGR super pump? Do I really need hydro assist? Do I need a cooler?

Need some suggestions for upgrading my steering. My pump has about had it. What about that AGR super pump? Do I really need hydro assist? Do I need a cooler?
While I have never owned an AGR pump, I haven't heard a ton of great things about them. I have only ever used PSC stuff, which has never let me down, and I've heard good things about Howe steering stuff. Another option would be either modding a stock pump yourself or using redneck ram.

Either which way you go a cooler is always a good idea, especially when using hydro assist. If you plan on wheeling then I would go with the assist, especially if you planning going to 37s or bigger at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a great experience with my PSC hydro assist kit, it was a plug and play install pretty much and has been trouble free for years now. Whether you do Hydro assist or not I would highly suggest a cooler to keep the pump and fluid temps down.

P7020156.jpg
P7060165.jpg
Didn't like the latch on the Smittybuilt tire carrier so with a little cutting and welding I replaced it. Now it doesn't rattle. I also ordered a PSC power steering pump.
P7060168.jpg
Broke the fitting off the plastic resivor, should of ordered the aluminium one.
P7080169.jpg

while you are putting your system back together, go to autozone or advance and grab a small tranny cooler and run it on the low pressure line. Super simple, and it will help your steering survive the larger tires.

Broke another shaft. Picked up this 8.8 last night. It's a factory limited slip with 456 gears profesionally installed, it's been sandblasted and primed and never run. Thanks to Larry for turning me on to it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355688766.833302.jpg