Daily Driver car ideas

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've had this car just under 2 months and 3,000 miles now so figured I'd do an update.

It's getting 26-27.5 mpg on my commute which is roughly 22 miles 55 mph backroad, 28 miles 70 mph interstate, 25 miles hwy 1 into downtown. That's just driving how I normally drive, I'm sure I could squeeze 1-2 mpg more out of it if I tried, and it would do 30+ on a highway trip.

It's the most comfortable car I've had, handles great, and has decent power. It could really use 50 more horses and a limited slip rear to be really fun. In a few years when I'm shopping for the next car, I'd probably lean towards a 330i if I get another BMW.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
A little over 5 months now, 8,000 miles and damn you car ADD! Nothing really wrong with the car but it's just not what I expected and I'm not in love with it... seriously considering putting a for sale sign on it by the road and looking for something else.

Any of you car dealer guys have any experience with G8 GTs :).

A little over 5 months now, 8,000 miles and damn you car ADD! Nothing really wrong with the car but it's just not what I expected and I'm not in love with it... seriously considering putting a for sale sign on it by the road and looking for something else.

The Grass is always greener on the other side of craigslist

No, but they are bad ***. Good luck finding one for a decent price though.

Go ahead and get something you keep and pony up for a gxp. I was beside one In traffic on 285 one day and It was the best sounding car I've ever heard. Camming like hell and loud.

I want to find a trailblazer ss. Best all around vehicle I think. Haul *** and yo kids and pull your trailer along. The trans in them suck but they can be fixed/upgraded. They're reasonably priced too. Always wanted a typhoon, it's kinda the modern version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
No, but they are bad ***. Good luck finding one for a decent price though.
Yeah, they've held their value really well. I should have just bought one in '09 when they couldn't get them off dealer lots. I know where one is that I think is reasonable, but it's got 130,000 miles on it. That doesn't bother me too much with a chevy ls though.

Go ahead and get something you keep and pony up for a gxp. I was beside one In traffic on 285 one day and It was the best sounding car I've ever heard. Camming like hell and loud.

I want to find a trailblazer ss. Best all around vehicle I think. Haul *** and yo kids and pull your trailer along. The trans in them suck but they can be fixed/upgraded. They're reasonably priced too. Always wanted a typhoon, it's kinda the modern version

Not interested in a GXP. They cost too much and don't get the mileage I'd need for a DD. The GT has active cylinder management, uses 87 octane, and a 2.92 rear end. I've run some numbers and I think it would actually be cheaper than the 26 mpg on premium of the 325.

I plan to pay off my student loans if I get back what I'm expecting from taxes, and I just got the OK to have a car payment as long as it is less than my loan payment :p. So... come on W2s!

Last edited:
Those G8's were high commodities all along from what I remember. They got it right on that one. If I was gonna have a car it would be that or a CTS-V.

Typhoons are cool as ****. We bought one with like 36K miles on it years ago at an auction and I wanted to keep that thing sooo bad. Maybe one day when I get ahead in life.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Those G8's were high commodities all along from what I remember. They got it right on that one. If I was gonna have a car it would be that or a CTS-V.
I read somewhere they were selling 5K under sticker at times. I think mostly because of the fear and rumors of Pontiac going under.

Typhoons are cool as ****. We bought one with like 36K miles on it years ago at an auction and I wanted to keep that thing sooo bad. Maybe one day when I get ahead in life.
I think he's asking $5k for this one, it needs cleaning up but damn http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4837345253.html

Guy my parents go to church with have a syclone and a typhoon, bought new. Id love to have a typhoon but a T type regal is my preferred GM turbo vehicle.

The GXP's are priced ridiculously high. I like the GT's though, would be a nice car, huge potential. I got stuck on the interstate yesterday morning bc of a wreck and watched an hr of youtube videos of g8 GT's and TBSS. They both sound awesome.

The g8 is based off the Holden commador or whatever it's called. They have a truck and wagon version in Australia, would of been badass if they would have brought them here