CFS Off-Road, New shop IN COLUMBIA!!!!!

Well we had a very busy, tiring and productive weekend. In the last 2 weeks a lot has happened. I have had the concrete pad poured in front of the building so we actually have a parking area and ramp going into the shop (you know, for the low riders, lol :bs: ). The shop bathroom and showroom walls have been built. And quite a bit of other things that you wouldn't even notice but are really time consuming. Our new windows and front door are supposed to be installed later this week. Over the next week or two we will be working on getting shop equipment in, wiring, showroom tiled, wiring, customer bathroom in, wiring, sales counter, more wiring....you get the idea. Feel free to come by!

1614 Barnwell Street
Columbia, SC 29201

Well we had a very busy, tiring and productive weekend. In the last 2 weeks a lot has happened. I have had the concrete pad poured in front of the building so we actually have a parking area and ramp going into the shop (you know, for the low riders, lol :bs: ). The shop bathroom and showroom walls have been built. And quite a bit of other things that you wouldn't even notice but are really time consuming. Our new windows and front door are supposed to be installed later this week. Over the next week or two we will be working on getting shop equipment in, wiring, showroom tiled, wiring, customer bathroom in, wiring, sales counter, more wiring....you get the idea. Feel free to come by!

1614 Barnwell Street
Columbia, SC 29201
did you do the concrete? or did yall have somebody come out?

The original plan was for us to do it ourselves. We haven't had to have a single sub contractor up to this point and didn't plan on having one. I have done concrete before and while it wasn't a perfect job it was pretty good for a novice. However, once I priced the concrete, the rental of the skidsteer/mini bobcat, buying or renting the "correct" floating tools etc. Not to mention our time. I was able to have it done professionally for LESS. Couldn't beat that, plus the job they did was amazing. I am glad i decided to price it out just to compare, lol. Very very happy.... A&G Construction btw

cool, I need to pour some concrete at my place so I'm keeping my eye out. Thanks The shop is coming along nicely, I'll have to stop by sometime.

Whats the shops phone number? Do you have any hook ups from vendors? I need to order some tires here within the next few days; was gonna see what kind of deal you could get me on a set.

thanks

They had a load of issues with plumbing and sewer but they are moving along now. They have the office closed in. Not sure what date they are shooting for yet.

Ok for the big update the shop is waiting on it's last inspection hopefully. We have had one thing after another as long as the fire dept, don't bend us over were looking at being open by the the 20th of Feb, so on that note will be at the monster trucks puting out tones of flyers and try start off with a bang but for now that's all we have. We will also be at the ermo show and shine ...
1614 barnwell St downtown off Taylor by the town ship hall

Last edited:
Do you have any pics of the description given by your Screenname? CTS powered XJ
Sure got all kinds of photos of my Xj what's left of it has Toyota axles welded with 4:56 gears got stock rear shafts and just longfield outers up frt . It also has a full cage/ tube chassie four link rear and leaf frt for now the only floor I got left is under your seat and feet haven't gotten a chance to tube in under the hood yet but will soon . It has an 08 cts motor managed by howle tec with advanced adapter kit to 700r4 that was built by monster transmissions..with currently a d300 behind it . But not fare from and atlas. Still have lots to finish .. Had lots of really cool parts stolen that were in my inclosed trail just before we moved here from Memphis so that set me back alot.. ( air bumps, custom fuelcell , fox air shox , sheets of aluminum to finish the inside and a set of mastercrafts and rear jeep seat and a few other shop items ) sucks . But hay crap happens shoot me an email and I'll forward some pics too you CFSoffroadjason3@gmail.com later guys

Hey guys, This is Mike. Sorry for not being on here much lately. Our communication on here will improve as we wean off of our current temporary day job and move towards getting the shop open "normal" hours. Jason, my partner, was accurate in what he was saying. But the fact that he just moved here six months ago makes it hard for him to give accurate street and city names. The shops address is 1614 Barnwell Street, Columbia SC 29201. It is on the corner of Barnwell and Taylor which is directly in downtown Columbia and hopefully very convienient for our customers. For those of you that have been following along and even stopping my the shop know, we have been working vigorously on nights and weekends doing all we can to get the shop open. However badly you guys want it open, we want it open 10x more....lol. As Brooks stated we ran into a ton of issues with existing plumbing (or actually non existing) the building was virtually an empty shell after I got done stripping all of the out dated wiring out of it. And as much as that sounds like it would be easier to start with, it was very time consuming. We are officially DONE with all of the construction phases and all of the proper forms and fees have been filled out and paid. We have passed our zoning and even have our retail licence in hand but are simply waiting on an inspector to come out and give us his blessing so they can approve our business licence. Once that is done we are open for business. As some of you already know, we have a few projects for customers already going. One of which was dropped off Saturday night. It is a 800+ hp competition mud truck that we are back-halfing and linking. As a matter of fact, it has already started being disassembled. We will have a presence at the Spring Offroad Festival (which is what Jason was reffering to as ermo, "Irmo") I hope this helps everyone understand where we stand. As far as an actuall date goes... well, it's up to the inspector. I will be putting some preasure on them to get out there and inspect it very soon if I do not here from them. Please feel free to ask ANY questions. I look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Last edited:
No you have not missed it. Basically, everything is balancing on this inspection. I have not had a phone installed at the shop yet because we aren't open yet. There is no sense in paying the cost of business phones and business internet (far higher then residential cost) when we aren't really ready for it. If all goes well and the inspector walks in and gives us the go-ahead then I will call immediately and get those things rolling. If he comes in and says he wants the entire sprinkler system moved 3/8" to the right.... well then... lets just say I hope that doesn't happen, lol. I hope this makes sense. A lot of things balance on this inspection, phones, internet, paying our vendors dues on here, advertising, etc. etc. etc..... I just don't want to pull the trigger too early and waste our money and everyone else’s time. Hope that makes sense.

On another note we would LOVE for you to give us the opportunity to do the re-gear and I can assure you that it would be done correctly. It would not be an exaggeration to say that we have literally done thousands between the two of us. :grin: