WolfGT 02 TJ

Design flaw? Cost cutting. The Jeep looks awesome. I like the bar above the windshield I think. Cant wait to see this thing in person. Does it drive as good as it looks? Would you hop in and take it up to the mountains for a weekend?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I wanted to go to Anderson and hang with the guys. Have a few beers. But I needed to get some things done. I'm running out of time.

I mounted the windshield armor. Wired and installed the backup lights. Trimmed the wheel arches to match the armor and installed the new bracket and CB antenna (I got a shorter one). I also got the skid plates primed (two coats both sides) and got one coat of the black. I think I have changed my mind. I think I'm just going to do all black on the skids.

I ran the gears through their heat cycles last night. I'm running by clemson4wheel Monday morning to get the diff fluid changed and Cole is going to go through and do a nut and bolt check.

The. Monday night I hope to install the skids. That is the last remaining "must do" before the trip.

But Greg, windshield armor looks good. I'd want to cut the excess inner fender metal out too. Hold off on that bfh, after all, you do have a candy paint job..... And would D O double R beat on his ride?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I cut the tub to about 1/4 from the armor, then folded it in and used the BFH to make it as close to a 90 as I could. It needs to be touched up with paint, but I want to see how everything clears before I paint the rear wheel wells and touch up the new cuts. But I like how it ended up.

I did hit the armor once (woops) but it is on the edge where stones are going to chip it up anyway. And honestly, none of it is going to be perfect in a week, so, close enough.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Jeep is on the lift for the last time getting the fluid changed in the front diff (after the breakin cycles). Getting all the bolts checked and she'll be ready to go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396882697.566553.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396882709.782877.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396882717.800309.jpg

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Lol, my rear drive shaft was about to fall out. All the bolts holding it to the flange at the axle were barely finger tight.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Flexed it out to see how close it comes to the new front fenders.

Looks good

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396889642.931928.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396889695.506616.jpg

Got about and inch or so clearance at full flex/bump. This is at almost full flex. The limit strap was not fully tight but almost.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396889763.424264.jpg

But here is the new issue. This is the passenger rear during this test. Not binding, but rubbing pretty aggressively.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396889818.812252.jpg

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Got the skid plates installed. As with everything else, it didn't go as smoothly as I wanted. But it had nothing to do with the skid design. That thing is a beautiful piece of engineering. Props to Clayton Offroad.

Here is the old skid with the new trans support

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396995976.535670.jpg

The new trans support in place.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396995999.369840.jpg

The old skid next to the new skid.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396996021.105240.jpg

And a couple shots of everything installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396996044.493294.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396996052.640705.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396996059.291480.jpg

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Thanks matt, I can't wait to check out your new rig. Looks pretty sweet. Looking forward to seeing what you think of the ORI's. I thought about going that way.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
And just finished the last job that I wanted to get done before it goes on the trailer tomorrow. The windshield washer tank.

Of course the stock one would no longer fit due to the shock towers now residing in its stock location. And there is no room anywhere else for it. So I went to autozone and picked up one of these right off the shelf.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397002340.919621.jpg

Took the pump off of the stock tank. It just pulls out and then remove the grommet that seals it to the tank. Cut a hole in the lower side of the tank and inserted it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397002422.675418.jpg

Then mounted it next to the coolant overflow tank with the provided bracket.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397002459.776203.jpg

The stock wiring and tubing plugged right up and everything tested perfectly.

This was a quick 30 minute job and a cheap off the shelf part.

And just finished the last job that I wanted to get done before it goes on the trailer tomorrow. The windshield washer tank.

Of course the stock one would no longer fit due to the shock towers now residing in its stock location. And there is no room anywhere else for it. So I went to autozone and picked up one of these right off the shelf.

View attachment 4809

Took the pump off of the stock tank. It just pulls out and then remove the grommet that seals it to the tank. Cut a hole in the lower side of the tank and inserted it.

View attachment 4810

Then mounted it next to the coolant overflow tank with the provided bracket.

View attachment 4811

The stock wiring and tubing plugged right up and everything tested perfectly.

This was a quick 30 minute job and a cheap off the shelf part.
Holy crap, I need to do that!