Truetrac install cost

Well there goes this thread... I do try and listen to yall, like I am saving up for rokmen control arms. I am just looking for something to help with traction offroad and not drive me insane on road because normally I am putting 75miles down winding roads on my jeep a day.

Well there goes this thread... I do try and listen to yall, like I am saving up for rokmen control arms. I am just looking for something to help with traction offroad and not drive me insane on road because normally I am putting 75miles down winding roads on my jeep a day.
limited slips do work for some situations, I think everyone is just trying to let you know that you may not be getting the benefit you seek by installing a lsd. keep saving your pennies. first thing I did when I graduated was put an ARB in my jeep. Best mod I have done.

If you could help me find an arb for under $1000 that would be great. The only ones I have been able to find are around $1100 after tax and shipping.

If you could help me find an arb for under $1000 that would be great. The only ones I have been able to find are around $1100 after tax and shipping.

Amazon has them prime eligible for $998 so that would be free shipping if you have prime. Some sites I have never heard of online had them for right at $900. Don't know that I'd trust a random google search site.

What gears are in it now? Pull a factory LSD out of an 8.8 or get one from eBay or east coast gear supply. Mustang sites have a lot of info about 8.8s and LSD's

You'd be better off saving your money for an ARB and wheeling it open until then. This junk is expensive.

And don't cut your frame off.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I am surprised how bad I got flamed for posting this, its not like I was asking about one of those pos Chinese air lockers.
We're just trying to help you. And Steve's suggestion above was the reason I was posting again. How about a stock explorer LS carrier? You could probably find one with the same gear ratio and it would just cost you a gear setup. So, you save the $500 you would have spent, still get a LS, and have the money to upgrade when you're ready for a selectable locker and regear. You may be able to swap your open carrier to someone with a LS who wants it to drop in a lunchbox locker... maybe even a mustang guy. I'm pretty sure you can stack an extra clutch in the stock packs too to tighten it up.

Put the word out that you'd like to trade open carrier with x.xx gear for same gear on open carrier and see what happens... Jeep forums, Mustang forums...

Also, like Marcus said, call around for prices at the local shops. They're more likely to work with you on price if you're paying them to install it. Or, if you have patience, wait for a sale.

All i have to say is my limited slip doesn't do much more than make both tires fire when doing a burn out on concrete. I would never in a thousand years put money into making something a limited slip when i could have a locker for the same price.

14 bolt z71 twice, two explorers, bronco, and the jk. Did spiders in a 10 bolt silverado and the lexus. I know I had enough 8:8 crap laying around to do ol powers f150 when he kersploded the spiders in my driveway

Brad, don't take today as flaming. We were just trying to give our experiences and inputs. In case you hadn't figured it out most of us are full of crap and talk crap back and forth. Don't think anyone meant anything by it, just tryin to help you use your money in the wisest way possible. Trust me, we have ALL been in your shoes at one point.

Brooks, how many time have you had to have your arb rebuilt, I am not a huge fan of air lines because they can get punctured and if you get a slight leak it might not act right. And eventually any seal goes bad

I wish the OX was cheaper, that is the one I really want, the carriers are built solid, and there isnt any seals inside the carriers, it just has the little actuator on the cover, they can be ran off electricity, a compressor, a paintball CO2 tank, or by cable, and they have a back up manual piece that screws onto the diff cover and you can lock and unlock it with it.