The Silver Bullet

Is it just the pic or are the upper frame side mounts crooked?
it looks crooked cause i had to trim down the mounts to fit em on the truss, and i didn't do a very well job on my first cut with the sawzall on one of them, and it ended up being a little bit less metal.

thanks j.r.

and today was not a very eventful day. it took literally 3 hours to bolt it back in cause after i welded it the mounts warped in a little. which i knew would happen, but i didn't think it would happen to where the jj wouldn't go back in. oh well its in there now and its in there straight. also took out some more cutting disks in the angle grinder trimming my flat skid down, but all in all its coming together.

Last edited:
finished the flat skid today, and the spring perches. just gotta do brakes and shocks now! took her for a drive around the block and holy cow 4.56 gears are low. also no problems from the rear end, no problems with from the flat skid, no problems form the sye. i think i did good. i wanna test this som***** so bad!

uppersandlowers.jpg

how i mounted my uppers

truss.jpg

flat as hell!
flatskid.jpg

everything.jpg

hehe got a little excited and flexed her out with out shocks, so umm needless to say i think i got plenty of travel. you can see i even forgot to put my evap stuff up its just danglin!!

stupidflex.jpg

more updates to come later tonight. im going to relax and not think about jeeps for a couple hours.

That flex looks cool and all but make sure the universal joint on the drive shaft isn't binding once you get it back in. Mine will bind just after the rear springs unload so I had to make some limiters.

oh haha im not running near that much down travel, the spring wont stay in there!!! haha i was just playing around.

finished up my shock mounts today, and bled my brakes. this thing is a whole new jeep. it drives better in front wheel drive than it used to in rear wheel drive! it is so stable on the road is not even funny. i love driving this jeep now.

i do have some stuff i need to address soon, first off being there is a leak from my transfer case. i think its coming off the speedo gear, so hopefully the o ring just didn't seat properly and didn't seal it off. if its that, that will be alot easier than pulling the case off... but i will need to pull the sye off soon, because me and my retarded self put the speedo gear that goes on the shaft on backwards. so my speedo tells me how fast i go in reverse, but does nothing going forward. so that will be addressed at a later date, dont feel like jackin with it right now, i'd rather be wheelin.

another issue is my links hit the frame before my bump stop hits the bottom of the spring perch. so i need to get bump stops and limiting straps soon.

other than those few issues, im overly impressed with how it came out. it tracks straight, no weird noises, no trans banging into the tub from the flat skid.

all i got left to work on now is getting my xj shaft shortened, pluggin up my arb compressor and find a place to mount my shock reservoirs cause right now they are zip tied :D

here are some pictures

4linkdone.jpg

4linkdone1.jpg

shows the need for some bumpstops. its better than my shocks bein bottomed out though!

4linkneedbumpstop.jpg

01tj

Did you put anything on the coil to keep it from falling out? I made some small straps for the axle side and it keeps the coil from coming out of the bucket.

alright one second i'll snap one, and thanks for the constructive criticism. post up a picture of how your coils are retained too please marcus. and i will add that piece at some point brooks, my uncle didn't have quite enough scrap to built the truss to put that piece on.

01tj

I did somthing like this to retain the coils. They are only 10 bucks from Rustys but I made them out of some flat steel I had laying around and bolted it to the axle bucket.
View attachment 1508
I just extended the stock bumpstops with some scrap peices of DOM I had laying around. Since Im running ZJ coils they wont come off the bumpstop. The crappy yellow shocks are not under there anymore tho.
View attachment 1507

The Jeeps coming togather nice Mason. The 35 KM2s will finish it nicely. Didnt you get new wheels too?

Just weld the coil to the pad on the bottom......Shitwontfugginbudge

Looking good bruno. Come put your grinding skills to my TJ, my laziness brings the suck. Will look good with some new meats under it, i kinda like a little rake, but a small spacer up front may level it for you. Are you gonna buy some stretched corners for it?

And were 10 pages in and i've yet to see 1 coors light.

thanks for postin up them pics marcus, and thanks for the compliments! can't wait to wheel this thing!

and yes steve i will be getting some blanks and cuttin em out. im leaning towards genrights steels, they are only 310 shipped to my door. i'm not quite sold on aluminum corners yet cause some guy on jeepforum who actually wheels his jeep banged his up good on the first trip!! and i'll help ya anytime you want workin on your tj!

thanks for postin up them pics marcus, and thanks for the compliments! can't wait to wheel this thing!

and yes steve i will be getting some blanks and cuttin em out. im leaning towards genrights steels, they are only 310 shipped to my door. i'm not quite sold on aluminum corners yet cause some guy on jeepforum who actually wheels his jeep banged his up good on the first trip!! and i'll help ya anytime you want workin on your tj!
I've also read a lot of people complaining about not having enough weight in the back causing problems. WideJ on pirate built a tire carrier and a beef rear bumper to help fix his problem because he said it would buck to bad not having weight and not want to climb. Gotta distribute that weight.

got a rear shaft and some new tires today!

35s.jpg

well after i stood on my brakes and gave it gas, my *** end rises a little bit, not a whole lot though. my pinion angle needs to be rotated up a little, so that should bring it down some, and i'll move my uppers up a notch. brooks also told me the more seperation you got, the easier it is on the joints, so moving it up should help too! always make thing adjustable for errors!

also got 20 inches at the belly and got enough arb line from gillis to do my arb in the front:D