The Silver Bullet

01tj

Is that where you are putting it? Looks like it would be a pain to put gas in it with that soft top on, and I imagine that the fuel pump will be pretty loud right there.

put it in the jeep just to see how it would look/fit. going to try to get started sometime soon.

fuelcelltest.jpg
mmm, you know that smell you smell when your at the gas station filling up, and it just fills your nostrils with that great aroma of dead dinosaurs and nitro fuel, it gives you that awesome feeling in your head kindof like a hangover but without the throwing up? ... mmm I love the smell of gasoline, the fumes, the vapors...mmmm yeah..... hope you feel the same way:flipoff2:

mmm, you know that smell you smell when your at the gas station filling up, and it just fills your nostrils with that great aroma of dead dinosaurs and nitro fuel, it gives you that awesome feeling in your head kindof like a hangover but without the throwing up? ... mmm I love the smell of gasoline, the fumes, the vapors...mmmm yeah..... hope you feel the same way:flipoff2:
can't wait :flipoff2: if i get them real bad i'll go to stainless lines to hopefully reduce some fumes. i'm not really looking to spend a grand on a genright tank really either.

and yeah i think i'm going to put it there marcus. my passenger seat will roll forward, and i can still throw stuff in the tailgate.

You'll be fine Mason! I've known many a folks who have done a fuel tank relocation and inboard fuel cell in a full bodied Cherokee and ran it for years (so have I). It's not near as bad as they say.

01tj

can't wait :flipoff2: if i get them real bad i'll go to stainless lines to hopefully reduce some fumes. i'm not really looking to spend a grand on a genright tank really either.

and yeah i think i'm going to put it there marcus. my passenger seat will roll forward, and i can still throw stuff in the tailgate.
Yea I woulda liked to move mine behind the seat to make it easier to put stuff back there, but then its hard to get to the cooler on the trail! :cheers:

I'd have to have somethig between me and that tank if it was going right behind my seat. Atleast if it's in the rear it's alittle less likely to dump fuel all over ya incase of a rollover.

I'd have to have somethig between me and that tank if it was going right behind my seat. Atleast if it's in the rear it's alittle less likely to dump fuel all over ya incase of a rollover.
i appreciate the concern, but i don't think fuel is gonna leak out of it. i'm gonna try to do the best job i can sealing it all up. so it shouldn't leak at all. There are also tons of rigs i've seen put it right behind them.

didn't work for very long at all tonight. used a jig saw to cut the hole.

fuelcellcuthole.jpg

fuel cell ring is installed. double up on the RTV gasket, and each bolt got its own dab of RTV as well. debating on putting one more go round with the RTV all the way around the edge. i think i will now that i'm thinking about it. will be worth my time in the long run i think.

fuel cell ring is installed. double up on the RTV gasket, and each bolt got its own dab of RTV as well. debating on putting one more go round with the RTV all the way around the edge. i think i will now that i'm thinking about it. will be worth my time in the long run i think.

It'll still leak :flipoff2:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
thanks for the responses. after more research ultra black RTV is definitely NOT the way to go.. dumb guy at o'reily's told me "oh yeah it'll hold up to gas."

figured out Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 2 Sealant is the way to go when you want to "seal" up your fuel cell (happy brooks :flipoff2:), it is alot more resistant to gas.