The Silver Bullet

umm... i swear it just fell out :shaking:

fellout.jpg

all in

fuelcell.jpg

gotta go buy some of the plastic wrap stuff to cover up that wiring mess. but will look fine when i get that

fuelcellupclose.jpg

no codes, and no problems yet. but may get some. the pump sure aint quiet, but it sounds like a space ship when you first turn the key to on :D nothing the radio can't drown out.

also with the genright ring in the 05 to 06 (years they changed the design) you may have to trim up the stock plastic on your fuel pump. i had to for mine cause it would NOT fit up in there. it was ridiculous i wasn't too happy about having to cut up that pump. and i used tin snips to cut it.

I got 3 ft of fuel injector hose, and 5 ft of radiator hose or something else for the vent. both of them i had a good amount of extra, but its always better to buy too much than too little

where are you going to put your spare tire now?
gillis's truck for the moment being probably. i can stand it up, but then i don't have room for anything else.

sometime over the summer i'm gonna try to make something out of wood and bolt it in (like what gillis has) and find a stock tire carrier or something to bolt it down on it.

but don't worry my spare will make it to the trail everytrip.

any one know who makes this ring and pinion set? i got em for my 8.8, guy said they are yukon... but i'm not thinking yukon. im maybe thinking motive gear??? who knows post up what you think.

pinion.jpg

My motive 5.14 don't have there name stamped on them but on the ring gear there is a bunch or numbers I decoded and motive I thinks the only one that makes a 5.14 for 8.8

these gears are actually "yukons" lol a guy responded a pirate to tell me that they were antonio masiero gears. after more research this is what i found

I think I should clear up a couple of things here.
Yes, on occasion you may get a Richmond, US, Motive, a rare Antonio Masiero and of course our own in a Yukon box. But this isn’t any thing new to this industry, it’s known as re-boxing and is done by many companies like Motive, Superior, Sierra, Precision, Genuine and yes Yukon Gear. It’s almost impossible for one company to manufacture every ratio for every application so to fill holes many companies will buy gears from other companies (even competitors) and re-box them into their boxes. This is done to keep product on the shelf without promoting the competitions products.

To the best of my knowledge we don’t have any gear set in our building boxed under the Yukon brand name that’s made in India. And that’s not to say we have issues with India because we have a lot of quality products made in India, but at this point we make no Ring and Pinion’s there because we have not found any gear manufacture in India that meets our high standards. Some of our gears are made in Korea specifically for us, we also commission gears from Richmond and US Gear. All these gears are inspected for quality before they ever make it into a Yukon box.

I will also say that we are very picky about what gears make it into a Yukon box. In fact we have had an instance where we moved gears that were intended for Yukon (but they didn’t have an expectable finish) into our value line at a considerable loss to the company, to protect the integrity of the Yukon Brand.

We stand behind every product we sell with service that we feel is second to none in this industry.

Mac

Well Mac is full of shitz my yukons were made in India in my 4runner, and their tolerances were poor on setup. Fawk Yukon. Next gears I get will be Dana/spicer. That is what Coleman got and you could tell by looking at them thy were machines to a much higher standard.

01tj

Well Mac is full of shitz my yukons were made in India in my 4runner, and their tolerances were poor on setup. Fawk Yukon. Next gears I get will be Dana/spicer. That is what Coleman got and you could tell by looking at them thy were machines to a much higher standard.
Im sure it would be hard to find spicer gears for a 8.8. Colemans gears were nice though, but Id run what you have. In my front axle Im running USA Standard Gear which is Yukon Gear that doesnt come with with the best finish. The reason they dont sell them as Yukon because there is a "chance" they might make noise. I do have Yukons in my 8.8, and they set up fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
moving closer and closer to my 4 link. i my 8.8 this weekend to 4.56, unfortunately i did not take any picture of the regear, but i used pretty dang close to the stock shims. i think it ended up bein .015 more shims into the pinion. pinion preload was 15 lbs, and my backlash was at 13. i already sealed it all up so i can't show yall the pattern, but it was a pretty damn good pattern.

after the regear i also built a truss out of 2.5x2.5x.25 square tubing. its low profile and will be strong as hell, but i'm hoping its not going to be too high and bang into the tub. i'm going to mount my upper mounts to the front of it most likely.

bareaxle.jpg

finishedaxle.jpg

also welded up my last arm for my 4 link

jjwelds.jpg

my uncle, whit, gave me some 14 inch travel bilstein 5150s for graduation, thanks!

shocks.jpg

also i'd like to thank whit for letting me use all his tools, and teaching me how to regear.

Last edited:
my uncle, whit, gave me some 14 inch travel bilstein 5150s for graduation, thanks!

shocks.jpg

also i'd like to thank whit for letting me use all his tools, and teaching me how to regear.
No problem. Your welcome in my shop any time. Thanks for the help on my 3 link. Check out the yota section in pirate I got a build thread there.

Last edited:

01tj

Just saw where you welded up your links. Howd you know what length they needed to be with out having the axle in place? Just a rough estimate?