The Morning Doo

I saw this one thing on Insta last night.....I should have tagged you in it. Some kind of bare steel tube-all-over-the-place with mud tires....looked like a low rider/ rock bouncer thing and had some #Fabpolice #raycharlesfab #poopwelds on the front upper control arms.
I don't think that thing is actually junk. Riverraideroffroad did it and they are turning out some Hellcat swapped JK's. Just from the pics it looks like some nice fab work on it as well as the JK. Haven't looked too in depth though. Kevin is supplying all the wheels for their builds so far. He's been sending a lot of pics over.

View attachment 7303
Reminds me of this truck from the race last year. Man I want to go to SEMA.
I love cars in bare metal. Shows you where all the hard works gone into with getting to hide from shotty work with bondo. James hatfields car Aquarius that rick dore showcased last year is painted this year and looks killer.

I'll tag you in the pic of the thing he was talking about, I don't think the guys who built it are doing any kind of hemi swaps, it looks like a bunch of kids had a chop saw and a quick crash course on throwing stuff together with JB weld.

I will say though, having worked with several guys who have built a fair number of cars that have gone to SEMA and several other big name car shows, most of the cars aren't even really finished when they end up at those shows and rarely do they ever actually run or work properly. I've heard a lot of crazy stories about finding out things that got over looked and discovered at shows, like tape in various places and crap missing completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 7303
Reminds me of this truck from the race last year. Man I want to go to SEMA.
I hate that I am not going again this year. Last year was amazing. We had so much fun. My feet hurt for a couple days from all the walking. The only bad part is that it is a professional show. Everyone is there to sell you something. Outside is better because it is mostly a big car show, but still based around marketing a business.

That's actually taken at the Dirt race in Charlotte. Which I will be attending Friday-Sunday now that the rains have washed out Saturday in all likelihood.

Anyone going to Charlotte for the ACC championship? Just bought 9 tickets next to my other friends who bought 16. Should be nuts!

And yes im fully aware we have to kick the **** out of FSU this weekend and fully expect that to happen

It stopped at 5 pm today, but we bought them straight from the ACC for some family package. $160 for 4 tickets 4 hats and 4 chicken sandwich coupons. They said they would still have the deal, just a little more expensive after today. I'd imagine once Clemson beats FSU they will go up a good bit.

I hate that I am not going again this year. Last year was amazing. We had so much fun. My feet hurt for a couple days from all the walking. The only bad part is that it is a professional show. Everyone is there to sell you something. Outside is better because it is mostly a big car show, but still based around marketing a business.
I wish I could have gone when I had the opportunity to go 2 years ago and last year. Guys I worked with said its overwhelming walking around there with so much stuff.

Rob Ida customs built a beautiful 1940 merc that one a big award. They took the panels off one side of the rusty BMW and that thing is crazy.

Saw a few pics of some IFS JK's but not many spectacular 4x4s. From what I saw there wasn't as many impressive things this year as I've seen in the past but still some cool builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Social media has had a huge role on the rate of "new ideas" and tricks and the progression of the custom world over the past year or two. After seeing pictures of SEMA and everything else it makes me wonder "how much more can some of this change?"

At some point its like Steve just said, seeing something impressive is getting harder to find. On the other hand, I have seen some down right stupid things coming out i.e. "stance", where somebody thinks its cool to have a tire that isn't wide enough for the wheel so that the rim and tire sandwich the fender lip.......Yeah I'm getting older but that is stupid. And who wants to wear out the inside edge of tires that quickly?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Social media has had a huge role on the rate of "new ideas" and tricks and the progression of the custom world over the past year or two. After seeing pictures of SEMA and everything else it makes me wonder "how much more can some of this change?"

At some point its like Steve just said, seeing something impressive is getting harder to find. On the other hand, I have seen some down right stupid things coming out i.e. "stance", where somebody thinks its cool to have a tire that isn't wide enough for the wheel so that the rim and tire sandwich the fender lip.......Yeah I'm getting older but that is stupid. And who wants to wear out the inside edge of tires that quickly?
There is an RSX in Lexington that is "stanced" to the point that the rear tires look like they ride on the inner sidewall.

It stopped at 5 pm today, but we bought them straight from the ACC for some family package. $160 for 4 tickets 4 hats and 4 chicken sandwich coupons. They said they would still have the deal, just a little more expensive after today. I'd imagine once Clemson beats FSU they will go up a good bit.
Where did you do that from? Can't find any deals.

The upside is that those of us in 2A had it great. With no one in lot 1 or 2, traffic was great. We had plenty of port-o-jons with no lines. This has been the first season that we have been happy that our lot is a construction zone and was covered in gravel.

The upside is that those of us in 2A had it great. With no one in lot 1 or 2, traffic was great. We had plenty of port-o-jons with no lines. This has been the first season that we have been happy that our lot is a construction zone and was covered in gravel.
I tailgated in 2A once last year.. I liked it... Other that trumping thought the woods up to lot 2 to setup my satellite dish.

If you went up through the woods to 2 you had to have been a couple of cars away from us. We are at the start of the woods. They just cut down our oak tree so we now have a clear shot for satellite, but my in-laws won't pony up for a dish...