The Morning Doo

Thought i'd share a funny story with you all.

So, I am on a job over in Anderson. Biggest job I've ever been on. Probably 1000+ laborers per day. The pipe crew on the job has about 15-20% of that (just guessing). They are AWFUL about stealing your man lifts. We are working under two different subs out here on separate projects and on one we are using that subs lifts. They had us one sat aside yesterday to finish up a small area...

Well, I get there and what do you know... no lift.

So, today their PM comes down and we check the serial numbers on all the lifts in the area as the stickers were removed. This overgrown *** Guatemalan is on it. He finally comes down out of the pipe rack and is being an absolute tool. The lift was in a concrete barricade that you need a fork lift to set it in and out of.... So, the guy who actually is in charge of the lift doesn't seem to want to say anything. So, I stepped in...basically said I know you moved it so put it back so there won't be any issues. He starts cussing, fussing, bitching and I am just staring at him trying not to laugh. I don't speak whatever it is he's screaming so I can't understand him anyway.

So, the supervisor over that area comes in. He see's me, well dressed and sitting there calmly and this idiot. He makes him get his supervisor to move the lift back, and I am pretty sure he was walked out of the facility.

KARMA.

This video is like 18 minutes long but it's worth the watch. Shows what goes into make a hand built holland & holland side by side shotgun. All of the engraving done by hand with chisels and files. Not sure what one runs but it's got to be a lot.
http://youtu.be/qUXoNUzAyvk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between. $15 and 90k per the interwebbs. But I really wonder, would a full finished cnc with hand fitted parts really be much different? Or are you just paying for the hand built description?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SEMA starts today. Would love to be there to check out a lot of builds I've seen being built.

I saw this one thing on Insta last night.....I should have tagged you in it. Some kind of bare steel tube-all-over-the-place with mud tires....looked like a low rider/ rock bouncer thing and had some #Fabpolice #raycharlesfab #poopwelds on the front upper control arms.

That seems to be the new it thing building dumb rat rod bullshit. Cobbling **** together to be radical isn't fabwork or show worthy That belongs at a show the caliber of SEMA but it seems to still get there somehow.

The rusty BMW build that the guy from stance works did is pretty cool. Guy built the car years ago, got hit by a truck so he rusted the entire thing, chopped the top, bagged it and put a 1jz in it. Garage caught on fire and ruined the car and he's been building it back the past few years in private. It's a full tube chassis race car pretty much now. 500hp 14:1 all motor straight 6 probably screams like hell.

That seems to be the new it thing building dumb rat rod bullshit. Cobbling **** together to be radical isn't fabwork or show worthy That belongs at a show the caliber of SEMA but it seems to still get there somehow.

The rusty BMW build that the guy from stance works did is pretty cool. Guy built the car years ago, got hit by a truck so he rusted the entire thing, chopped the top, bagged it and put a 1jz in it. Garage caught on fire and ruined the car and he's been building it back the past few years in private. It's a full tube chassis race car pretty much now. 500hp 14:1 all motor straight 6 probably screams like hell.

This one seems to be the most photographed car on #sema coverage so far.

For you Instagrammers, check out littleshopmfg and scottshotrods both of them have built badass c10s for SEMA this year. Little shops is probably one of the nicest square body I've ever seen. Scotts is a 58 Apache I believe in bare metal. They built a really nice old suburban last year painted root beer color.