The Morning Doo

Ehh.... 4, if you don't count the Samurai... lol. We've had at least 4 tagged vehicles since 2007.
Good lawd that's a lot of cars for 2 ppl.

Once we get back to SC and settled down in either Greenville or Columbia area to stay I could see having a truck, some type of DD and a project but not until I'm not paying someone else's mortgage.

Little late to the party, but I wouldn't go out spending 25k on a truck. You can find good deals on gas trucks with under 100k miles all day. Unless things radically change, I don't think you'll be going on much for than 7 or 8 wheeling trips a year Ronnie with how often the big heavy zj breaks. And if you're wanting to swap everything over to a yj or tj frame it's gonna be mighty hard to do with a big *** truck payment.

Ohhh can I play the too many effin cars game? haha. 3 + the buggy. Why? I'm not real sure but I can see a CJ in my future... and I want a "shop truck" so bad. Maybe i'll hit the lotto.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yeah, the insurance adds up, and the taxes on the truck are still high because of the tag weight. The 4 is only tagged and insured. Also have the samurai, 1/3 of the bmw racercar, and frank stays at my house. So 7...

Little late to the party, but I wouldn't go out spending 25k on a truck. You can find good deals on gas trucks with under 100k miles all day. Unless things radically change, I don't think you'll be going on much for than 7 or 8 wheeling trips a year Ronnie with how often the big heavy zj breaks. And if you're wanting to swap everything over to a yj or tj frame it's gonna be mighty hard to do with a big *** truck payment.
Couldn't quote larrys or steves posts because they are on a different page but I really appreciate yalls input. My reason for wanting a diesel over the gasser is to tow the tramper set up. I have the pop up already and price difference between an 18 ft hauler and one big enough for the jeep and pop up is not to significant. I also got a few leads from some older guys I know who need a bunch of equipment, old tractors, small planes etc moved from up north and out west and would pay real well. I thought about how I have summers off every year and wouldn't mind making some side money hauling. I wouldn't be against putting that off though for a little while if I found a nice deal on a gasser. What are yalls thoughts on the different gas trucks? Only one Ive towed with that seems to have some nuts is a 6.0. Saw an 08 6.0 chevy at a lot yesterday, 2wd ext cab with 130k on it for 12.5k, if it was 4wd I probably would of taken it for a test drive.

Don't rule out a ford v10. Those things have a big set of balls. Just buy the truck you like the best and is the best deal. I like how a Chevy sits inside, but I know taco can't stand them and likes a ford. You can get a low mileage v10 excursion 4x4 for 5kish. Jeff bought one and it is a beast with his blazer behind it.

Don't rule out a ford v10. Those things have a big set of balls. Just buy the truck you like the best and is the best deal. I like how a Chevy sits inside, but I know taco can't stand them and likes a ford. You can get a low mileage v10 excursion 4x4 for 5kish. Jeff bought one and it is a beast with his blazer behind it.
They mate nicely with vortex superchargers as well. Neighbor had one that would MOVE.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Other than spitting a spark plug what issues do they have? An lsx has it's fair share...intake gaskets and knock sensors under the intake being two common ones.

As easy as lsx motors are to find parts for and repair as well as the tunability of them for more power if need be, I'd think it would be hard to get anything else as reliable or powerful as one. Plus they put the 5.3/6.0 in a million different platforms.

I like David's truck a lot for a newer gasser but idk much about longevity of a hemi. Guy I worked with had a whichever year they did the lifetime power train warrenty and said he'd never get rid of it bc of that.

Spending summers hauling would be a good idea I think for some extra cash. Talked to a guy who brought us a machine one time and he seemed to make a lot of cash doing it.

Working with dodge on and off for the last 7 years, the hemis have shown to be a pretty reliable platform in the trucks. Put one in a charger and sell it to a "canadian" who doesnt change their oil......different story. I know the older hemis had a weird torque curve, but it seems to work well with the newer higher output trucks and 6 speed autos.