Post your Picture of the day

Sounds dumb I know. I've gotten pretty good with metal in some ways but wood is a bitch. A lot less forgiving to build stuff out of, hats off to the people that are artist with it. It's not that the stands were hard to build, there was just a **** ton of cutting 2x4s and screwing them all together. I could have knocked something out made from metal to do the same thing in no time. Several companies sell those stands for something ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess growing up working in a cabinet shop has made my mentality the other way around. I view working with wood much easier than metal fabrication. With basic metal working tools I find myself getting frustrated much more than working in the cabinet shop. Now if I had a shop with comparative tools to our wood shop I probably wouldn't feel the same way. Only so much 1/4" plate you can cut with a 4.5" cut off wheel before you go crazy.

I guess growing up working in a cabinet shop has made my mentality the other way around. I view working with wood much easier than metal fabrication. With basic metal working tools I find myself getting frustrated much more than working in the cabinet shop. Now if I had a shop with comparative tools to our wood shop I probably wouldn't feel the same way. Only so much 1/4" plate you can cut with a 4.5" cut off wheel before you go crazy.
Having the right and necessary tools will spoil you. I definitely am lazy when it comes to doing stuff at home bc of my limited tools at hand as opposed to working In a fab shop here or the custom stuff In Atlanta. Most things I build here are laser cut and a lot of it being slot and tabbed. In Atlanta we cut 95% of anything on a vertical bandsaw, my milwaukee and swag table are nice but nothing compared to it.

actually this is about the only forum I post on anymore. I never join them because the Google machine usually provides what I need. I got to a point in life where it was either I stop looking at jk based forums or have my head explode....

I am so glad I don't have to drive thru that to work every day.
woops hit edit instead of quote, they shouldnt put those buttons so close.

I meant to say:

me too, I came in late today because I had some comp time to burn. There was a wreck somewhere and the ambulance was blocking traffic on 26. When I drive in to work normally its just smooth sailing.

I will never again live in a place where the majority of my commute is creeping through traffic. It puts me in the worst mood doing that **** everyday.