Post your Picture of the day

Metalunion

I built two sets of those and they are clutch to have. Get the car off the ground but sitting level. They are a chore though because of how many pieces each one has and screws you gotta put in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull tested another one of those breakaway sheaves today that's for a bigger sheave and a different design. Hook is rated at 4k and the sheave is as well.

29,383lbs and the metal tore. There was a 1.5"X1.5" .120 tube that's welded to 3/16" material.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426625169.702655.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426625181.085597.jpg
Previous one I did straightened the hook out at about 28k but either way that's a far greater force then it will be exposed to.

Pull tested another one of those breakaway sheaves today that's for a bigger sheave and a different design. Hook is rated at 4k and the sheave is as well.

29,383lbs and the metal tore. There was a 1.5"X1.5" .120 tube that's welded to 3/16" material.
View attachment 6466
View attachment 6467
Previous one I did straightened the hook out at about 28k but either way that's a far greater force then it will be exposed to.

do you have a picture of that one before?

Nope. I can snap a pic of a proto one in the am. It's like the previous one except the base has a 1" flange on both sides to keep it rigid because it's designed to be used with an 18" and 24" sheave so much taller then the 12".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426628335.612952.jpg

Metalunion

I built two sets of those and they are clutch to have. Get the car off the ground but sitting level. They are a chore though because of how many pieces each one has and screws you gotta put in them.

Of all the things I have seen you fab up the last thing I would expect you to call a chore is some wooden blocks screwed together...:flipoff2:

Of all the things I have seen you fab up the last thing I would expect you to call a chore is some wooden blocks screwed together...:flipoff2:
Sounds dumb I know. I've gotten pretty good with metal in some ways but wood is a bitch. A lot less forgiving to build stuff out of, hats off to the people that are artist with it. It's not that the stands were hard to build, there was just a **** ton of cutting 2x4s and screwing them all together. I could have knocked something out made from metal to do the same thing in no time. Several companies sell those stands for something ridiculous.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Sounds dumb I know. I've gotten pretty good with metal in some ways but wood is a bitch. A lot less forgiving to build stuff out of, hats off to the people that are artist with it. It's not that the stands were hard to build, there was just a **** ton of cutting 2x4s and screwing them all together. I could have knocked something out made from metal to do the same thing in no time. Several companies sell those stands for something ridiculous.

I should build something like that. I have a bunch of random leftover lumber laying around and a nail gun...

Had Xmas at my dads new garage last year and he left this one in there for my kids to dust out the inside lol. That old 3 speed has never seen that much shifting in it's life.
2014-12-24_19-23-05_128_zpsdaa095c3.jpg