Mean Green

I built the links yesterday and mocked everything up today. I think it turned out good. I still have to cut the spacers to seperate the hiems on the pass side and cut one for above the driver side. The 10" bolts look rediculous but they are just temporary. I didnt get any time to look at the hydro ram but I think it will be easier to mount this way. Maybe to the drag link.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

Thats a good question. Its not as close as the pic makes it look and I have not even cut the spacers so thats not necessarily where it will be. I just have something behind it holdong it up for the pic. I will definately look into that though. It seems like my old setup was very close too. Looking at these pics did just make me realize that I forgot to cycle the steering before it got dark. I'm can guarentee that it will hit my trackbar bracket that I just recently installed. I'm going to get some gas and matches now and torch this pos.

"Packaging" all this stuff can be aggravating. 99% of people that get into this type of fabricating don't realize how much of a pain it can be. I was one of those people and that's why I don't look forward to the work much any more. I just want to wheel it instead.

Marcus, could you ask David if he wants to sell another set of those towers please sir? I need to get on track and order these ORI's in case they take a while to get here. Happy Kwanza Everyone!

Hey just thought I would let you know, I finally got all my files sent off to my laser guy today. Hope to here back in the next couple of days with lead times on having them cut.

I got some super duty aluminum rims and tires a few weeks ago for free to use as rollers to keep my krawlers out of the sun. I was pumped until today when I went to put them on. The bolt pattern was just a tickle off. They were 8 lug but just barely too big of a pattern. Yall probably would have known this right? So whats the pattern on these things so I can try to trade them for 8 on 6.5? They are off of a 2000 F250 7.3 4x4.

Figures. I guess I will post them up in the for sale/trade forum. I only got them because I always see where folks are talking about their Krawlers not having sun damage when they sell them. Is that a real concern because my pos stays in the sun all day everyday and the treads do look to be drying out and getting holes in them. These are 16" Classic II style with some 32ish japanese slicks on them.

Dude sun ruins them jays got a hole in it bc of it and they were all following in that direction

Sent from my iPhone while sitting on the crapper

I cut the spacer for the driver side today.
037.JPG
Then I just stacked some misalignments on the pass side so that at some point I can test flex it to see if the high steer arm hits the drag link. Its funny because in person it looks ok but in the pics it looks like its already hitting.
038.JPG
I installed the front driveshaft and it was hitting the transfer case shifter bracket at the rear so I just cut off the back lower portion of the bracket so its a three legged bracket now. I think it will be ok but certainly not a permanent fix. I believe I will lengthen the front driveshat as well because there was only 2" of slip left in it before it would seperate.
040.JPG

I finally moved the Jeep under its own power for first time since Windrock. Front wheel drive only. I was really not impressed at all with the 4.1 ratio like I thought I would be but I'm not gonna sweat it yet. I could feel the chain load and unload when idling alot, like it was streched even worse than my 231 but I was in front wheel only and I dont even have any rear shocks installed so it really is not a good scenario. I'm sure it will be a hell of alot better on the hill.

These roller wheels that I got thinking that they were 8 on 6.5, would it be crazy to just drill out the bolt holes big enough so that they fit the bolt pattern? Hell they are just to sit there anyway. I would never drive it. It seems that they were close enough where I could drill each one 3/4 maybe and they would fit. Stupid idea? won't work? Any ideas?