M416 Trailer Build

It's on base and I'm meeting a retired Sergeant Major, the highest enlisted rank in the Marine Corps. I don't think a gun will be needed. Not to mention I'm not supposed to bring it on base anyways.

I think that price is fair as long as it is fully intacted...Make sure the parking brake is there, and it works somewhat...adjustments can be made to it if the parts are there, but take it from me, it is not easy, nor cheap to get all the parts as some are near impossible to find. If it does not have the original lunette and landing leg, it is not worth the money....those will run you about 100 for the lunette on a good day, and about another 80-100 for the casting...

I think that price is fair as long as it is fully intacted...Make sure the parking brake is there, and it works somewhat...adjustments can be made to it if the parts are there, but take it from me, it is not easy, nor cheap to get all the parts as some are near impossible to find. If it does not have the original lunette and landing leg, it is not worth the money....those will run you about 100 for the lunette on a good day, and about another 80-100 for the casting...
Sorry but I don't know what the lunette is. I think I remember him telling me it has already been converted over to a civilian style hitch if that's what you are referring to

Just looked it up and found out the lunette is what I have always heard referred to as the pintle. Do I really need the lunette? I wasn't planning on using that method to tow the trailer.

I finally got to go look at this trailer yesterday. I didn't get to take a good look at it as they have it standing on the tailgate with the bed towards a wall. The underside has lots of surface rust and some areas where it rusted all the way through. There was surface rust on most everything on the underside.

I looked in the bed as best as I could but couldn't tell much because they had a sheet of plywood cut to fit the bed. There was some dents and and bent metal on fenders and around the corners around the top of the bed.

Trailer has a landing leg with no wheel, pintle was there, and had parking brake assembly that somewhat functioned. Prob just needed to be adjusted.

My initial impression is it's not worth $750 but I wanted to get some opinions from everyone here. I can go look at it again when I get back from vacation and look at it more in depth and take pics if needed.

What does everyone think with the description I have given so far?

With that kind of damage, I would say that its not worth more than $250.00...Maybe $300.00. If it is that rusted in the floor of the tub, there are replacement floors available.

The good news is you can get replacement parts for most anything on an M416, some more expensive than others. I agree 750 is too high, just judging by your description I would say about half that would be fair and then expect to put about the same amount into it to have a nice trailer.....just my 2 cents though.

Just flapping around and wearing down the seams.....nothing major, by the way...now that the house is done and rented, we need to get together to settle up....sorry it took so long.... that place sucked the life outta me the entire month of Sept....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mine work, but now that I think about it I think they are both open. I'll have to check when i get home. but it didnt get deap enough to come in anyway i dont think.

if yours are messed up I think you can buy NOS drains from one of the companies we talked about earlier in this thread.

yeah...I have the plugs, but the tabs that come down from the floor that everything mounts too have been cut off, so no drains without welding and doing some fab work..which will come, just not until other debts are paid :)