M416 Trailer Build

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Or, since doin that will perminately affect it's adgile nature, practice your design/fabrication skills and create a telescoping tongue that you can change depending on the use of the bike rack or not.

i posted this on facebook and a few people suggested making racks over each fender to hold two bikes....seems interesting, i'm going to see what it would take.

I stopped by the local surplus store on Wed and asked if they happened to have any trailers. He told me they have one in the warehouse but they haven't used it in a year and didn't know what it was or if it was for sale. Talked to him today and it is for sale but they have to ask the committee what they want to sell it for and it is a M416

after my fiasco, you sure are brave sleeping in it without have it supported in the rear :)

Speaking, would you mind welding the new support on the rear of the tub for me?

haha, funny you bring that up, I sat up two jackstands under the trailer and andrea and i both got in the trailer and got on the left of the tent (near the back of the trailer) and we couldnt get it to roll.

I think the biggest thing is that my tent doesnt hang so far toward the back of the trailer, so there is alot smaller moment arm for flipping it backwards. Maybe try sliding your tent forward a few inches.

Also, yeah, let me know when you want to do the supports.

cool...I will try that tonight. My bows will be here today, so I am going to pull the tent out of the channels, and replace the hinges, then bows....I will slide it up as far as I can, which is only an inch, but maybe that will help enough....

Maybe Im just a fat *** :)

But if you put it over the wheels, they will get in the way of opening the top.
Most racks on the the top of cars collapse, just do the same for the sides. Make a track deal for the tires and a center support that collapses to keep the frame stable (thule or yakima uses that for DH type bikes). Whatever it is make it beefy, that pig you call a bike sure aint light.