Grand Dads Cj5

That a Phathom Green 69 lurking under that plastic?
Yup, this is my buddy Trey Stockmans. Suppose to be his sons car. He has an Ls for it and it's going to be nice one day. But his kid went all Bieber so he's not giving it to him.
The exhaust turned out nice, just a nice clean sound, nothing loud.

Any pictures of the air tank and mount yet or are you still figuring that out?
I haven't touched that part yet. I was hoping to get it swapped out for the aluminum tank I had to begin with. I need to decide where it will go. I'm home for the next 2 weeks so I hope to finish this Oba stuff up.

This thing has tossed me a serious curve ball this week that wasn't expected. The gm steering column jeep used is notorious for coming loose and feeling like the whole wheel is going to fall off as you drive down the road. Ive lost a lot of time trying to rebuild it and its still not back together. This was deff not on the Oscar prep list. If my luck doesn't seriously get better this week Gran Dads Cj won't make it.

I didnt make it that far in the column to find out. The little pivot pins on each side of the column that require the pivot puller little tool sheered off instead of pulling it out so Im off now to hopefully get another column.

Guess I'm calling it quits on this thing making it to Harlan. Got a different column from a Cj7 which is suppose to be the same from 76 up. Well something is off wether its the steering shaft for a column issue. The steering shaft will not fit now with this column. And I've compressed it as far as it will go. May try separating it in the morning and trimming it a little to collapse more. Other than that every spare min I could manage between keeping a happy home and keeping a sick baby I've run out of time and patience.

Ive been out there pretty much since the fam left this morning. The column is in and even cranks without a key. Had to take an 1 3/4 out of my steering shaft and re-weld it so that it would fit back together. just went for a test drive and all seems good. Now to the shifters on the dana 300. That was all I had to do when the week started. Worst case if I can't get them in in time ill put it in 4 high and take advantage of the granny low 1st gear. Ill pretty much be on dirt roads anyways being open open.

Na, I've done some stupid stuff over the years and you can prob attest to that but driving a cj5 in its current state that far is Feel the Burn next level stupid. Ive actually ordered an enclosed trailer to haul it in and camp in. It was suppose to be here this week but they called yesterday and told me it wouldn't get to here till Fri evening. So ill be putting it on my father in laws car trailer and towing it with the 4runner.

I'd like to maybe next year when it has more creature comforts and Clippa Jeepster is built. I'd like to make it a 5 day round trip with a route thru Daniel Boone of some sort going up and back.

While not being as young and adventurous as I once was I'm seriously thinking of put A/C in. I just don't see my wife and little girl being comfortable riding in it at all in the heat. So that means it will just sit for months waiting on cooler temps. We would have taken it so many places this summer, just local spots, visiting water falls or just dirt road riding but its of zero interest to her right now.
Ive already put a york compressor in that I was planning on using for OBA. But truthfully i could see the AC being used 100% more than pumping up tires on a pretty much street rig. Any one have any details on a swap?