Grand Dads Cj5

Took everything completely apart this morning. Inspected each part, made sure my axle center pins were in each whole, I thought maybe they were in a different void. Put it back together and had the same issue. Still puzzled so I did what any one with a torch, and welder would do. Melted all my bushing heating things up, once it was all nice and hot I took a BF ratchet strap and pulled it straight. Took some flat plate and welded the shackle to the frame. Wa-la! Who's ready to bomb dirt roads in Harlan full rigid?

Well that's how I played it out in my head after all that work and almost crushing my index digit between the impact gun and the concrete floor. I ratchet it straight, zipped the bolts down tight and welded some 1x1 like you see on heavy duty shackles.

One of the things I'm looking fwd to is once I do a couple more things it just sits on go, I'm done with scrambling and hundreds of dollars 3-4 days before a trip. Way to many years of that.

One of the things I'm looking fwd to is once I do a couple more things it just sits on go, I'm done with scrambling and hundreds of dollars 3-4 days before a trip. Way to many years of that.
Mine was pure precautionary. Other than welding the driveshaft up and gusseting the front truss.

This buggy has been really dependable so far. Hope that stays that way.

Looks like this steering is going to kill the cj from making it to Harlan. I need a pitman arm for power steering box, I thought the manual one would work. Best I can get one is 5 days out, can't put my winch and bumper on till the steering is addressed. Greenwood Auto Salvage has one but they want sell it off the steering box. They want a $100 for the box and arm. The power steering bracket I picked up from them is missing a piece so its incomplete. Bout to throw the towel in.

HAHA there you go dean. Don't throw in the towel. Just throw more money at the gas pump and get over to George's place. When in doubt the whiten salvage yard to the rescue.

FINALLY! This steering has kicked my butt. I need to clean up the fuel lines to the mech pump thats tucked right in with the steer pump bracket but other than that everything seems good. I was seriously going to cry if the pump/box leaked after all this aggravation. A few laps around town it feels good. Just need to put this new steering damper on and should really solid things up. Now for the front bumper and 8274.