Fall Camping and Trail Ride October 11-13

How many miles of trail now with the trip change?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
Up to 50 miles of trails and gravel, depending on what everyone wants to do, and who all signs up.

Right now there are two rigs confirmed and we will be leaving chapin around 8am Friday Morning.

Right now we have a good sized group for a trip like this. Max of 10 trucks on this trip for sure.

Drivers List:

Brooks B
Jimmy K
Chase P
Calli L
Joe S
Tripp W
Larry B
Ken S

Last edited:
Just met up with Ken and we were discussing this trip. Since my Toyota isn't really street legal and soon to not have any glass in it. I think we're going to grab her dads really good condition cj5 and drive it. Pending I can get my hands on it and nut and bolt it, check fluids, just kinda go over it. He drives it around town but other than that it doesn't get many miles out on it.

Just met up with Ken and we were discussing this trip. Since my Toyota isn't really street legal and soon to not have any glass in it. I think we're going to grab her dads really good condition cj5 and drive it. Pending I can get my hands on it and nut and bolt it, check fluids, just kinda go over it. He drives it around town but other than that it doesn't get many miles out on it.
sounds good, let me know. Ken had mentioned meeting us in Taccoa. Would yall both be in the CJ5? or you in the 5 and him in his willys?

01tj

I bet Harvard would let you borrow the trash-a-roo for this trip!! :flipoff2:

I put together a list of geocaches to grab on our travels. Many are offroad along the trails, others are at some pretty cool stops along the way.

For anyone that wants to put them in your GPS I can send you the gc codes from geocaching.com.

updated the first post with departure time Friday Morning.

UPDATE (9-24-13)
Group 1 will be leaving Chapin, SC exit 91 on 26 @ 8:00AM Friday Morning

For those leaving Friday evening. The Campsite is approx. 3 hours 10 minutes from Chapin, SC.

Route is mapped, I'm itching to get out there.

We will be stopping at picnic shelters Friday and Saturday for lunch, so bring something easy to make for lunch both days.

I sent an email with more info on the trails and schedule for the weekned to those that I had emails for. If anyone else is planning to go and wants more info please post up so we can get an accurate idea.

for meals we could do some group dinners where everyone throws in some $$ or we could all just be on your own.

Lunches will be on your own.

Larry and I discussed biscuits and cinnamon rolls in the dutch ovens for breakfast.

I would need to know how many people are interested in Dinners and breakfast before we go.

Food options:

Friday-
breakfast: something on the road
Lunch: bring your own stuff
Dinner: hot dogs on the fire with chili in the dutch oven, chips, ect. or bring your own stuff and cook.

Satuday-
Breakfast: Biscuits and cinnamin rolls or bring your own stuff
Lunch: bring your own stuff
Saturday: Dutch Oven Pizza pasta or bring your own stuff and cook.

Sunday-
Something quick for breakfast while we break camp, and probably grab some lunch in clemson on the way home.

$10 per person would probably cover both dinners if people are interested. If you want in on the food please let me know so I can figure up how much we need.