Daily Driver car ideas

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
60s-early 70s I'd be fine with. The problem with late 70s-80s is by this time they suffer cosmetically. Interiors were crap to begin with, and I don't have the time or patience to redo interiors (and I'm picky). outside of s car can be dirty but what I can see from where I'm sitting better be nice... lol.

As much as I despised them when I was younger I think a really cool car to do would be a mid 80's Monte Carlo SS. Good stance, 18" wheels, LS/T-56. Those cars are super comfortable and done right I think would make a really slick car. Plus can find a good straight body car for $2-3K all day long.

I saw the pictures of the Texas speed parts. What all did you do?
Did the texas speed dod delete with all new lifters. Also did a comp 210/224 cam to maintain VVT, chromolly pushrods, and beehive valve springs. Truck feels stock on the bottom end and will really move for what it is over 3k rpm. Truck will catch 2nd hard enough to activate traction control and chirp 3rd at almost 70.

Video of idle[video=youtube;tGc91peSNBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGc91peSNBc[/video]

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
As much as I despised them when I was younger I think a really cool car to do would be a mid 80's Monte Carlo SS. Good stance, 18" wheels, LS/T-56. Those cars are super comfortable and done right I think would make a really slick car. Plus can find a good straight body car for $2-3K all day long.
My dad had an 84 Monte Carlo SS when I was little but sold it in the mid 90s. It was a 305 auto and was still pretty quick. He was planning a 400 swap but decided he needed a truck.

Burgundy absolutely hates them and 3rd Gen Camaros, so that wouldn't work for me...

I missed the 17 previous pages somehow.. Not cheap or 40+ mpg by any means but my next vehicle will be a 60s-80s muscle/sports car with a 5.3 swap. Would love to find one with decent interior and drivetrain pulled. If I can get close to 20 and have fun driving it mission accomplished.
I want a 53 or 54 coupe of some kind, Packard clipper, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Olds or Buick with some kind of LSx and a nice chassis under it or a built s10 chassis. Keep the paint original, lower the **** out of it and drive the hell out of it. A G-body of some sort would be a close 2nd, father in law has a sweet 85 El Camino ss just sitting I'm trying to talk myself into.
'

Yes. Jimbo told me it was ok to go full retard. Originally I was against it but I figured out how to make the numbers work this time.

Gonna close the deal on it later today. Its a few states away so I can wait a month and some change, go get it, have epic road trip home (think of camping at OBX). Or go ahead and get it transported down here and begin harassing the local Honda population.

I guess it depends on how quickly I can offload the old blue car.

Last edited:
Oh I'm already planning a camping/mountain run weekend.

Probably going to install some rally style mud flaps so I can find some floormat on dirt/gravel roads. I did that a few times with the old STI and I did notice gravel damage on the paint. Really pissed me off.