Daily Driver car ideas

Those ecoboost mustangs are badass. Guy on sloppy mechanics Facebook has one that puts down some fast times.

Is the g8 the only car gm put that motor in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Those ecoboost mustangs are badass. Guy on sloppy mechanics Facebook has one that puts down some fast times.

Is the g8 the only car gm put that motor in?

I think so for the actual L76 designation. I think there's a truck L76 too but slightly different. Its an LS2 with different heads and afm though. The trans is the same as ls2 vettes. There were some internal changes to the 6l80 in the new Camaros.

I just can't make myself believe that a turbo'd V-6 is gonna last doing what they do with them. Are they cool? Yeah, pretty cool. But, if I'm buying a pickup truck it's gonna be a V8 (gas or diesel).

Different drivers and it seemed more of a transmission thing, but still impressive by the ford. The ford trans was holding 5k rpm the whole way up and every time the gm would get to 5k it would shift up and lose momentum. I would have thought the gm would have held rpm better.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've been out of town so hadn't even checked on the car until tonight. They're thinking the replacement solenoid pack they got was defective and have ordered another one. No cost to me and I should have the car back friday. We shall see...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You planning to keep it once it's fixed or have you gotten burned out chasing problems yet?

When it's working right it's an awesome car. I'm pretty much stuck with it for a while anyway, but I want it to be something I can keep for a long time and tinker with down the road.

Different drivers and it seemed more of a transmission thing, but still impressive by the ford. The ford trans was holding 5k rpm the whole way up and every time the gm would get to 5k it would shift up and lose momentum. I would have thought the gm would have held rpm better.
Shift programming in any GM vehicle I've had sans the old mechanical 700R4 in my truck has left a LOT to be desired.

A lot of that is the driver. Once my gm downshifts and I start pulling up the hill it accelerates. If I feather the throttle and keep it around 4-5k then it will just keep pulling. Hold it to the floor and it will upshift because it gets going to fast and wants another gear.

Larry,

Hopefully they get it sorted out for you. It is such a pain when you have a car that you actually enjoy and little crap keeps you from driving it.