#BlewTJ

I actually wasn't a fan of that steering wheel until I drove the Jeep. It has a slick feel. I honestly like the **** out of this Jeep. I hope its hot as balls at OSCAR so I can run my A/C and feel even better about the new whip.

Well got the truss in place this afternoon and tacked in. Also got the frame side mount tacked in. Have to cut dom to length and cut the top off of the axle side mount so it will have the same clearance as it had before.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394834779.252046.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394834862.119669.jpg

By the time I trim the new bracket a little it will be the same height as before so up travel won't be an issue after the change an addition of the truss.

I'll check it out Tom. But like Marcus said I don't think clearance with the balancer would be the issue. Maybe the radiator.... The front is pushed out ab 8" I think.

Last edited:
Looked at it again when I got home tonight. The truss is pretty close to being where the balancer is actually. But, the suspension is drooped most of the way out so it is going to go forward a bit when its at ride height. Either way I don't think there will be an issue though as there is 10.5" of clearance between the truss and the oilpan/balancer area and only 10" of shaft showing on the ORI. And the ORI's have a built in bump so it will bottom out a bit before that even at the hardest hit. I will definitely leave the passengers side tacked in and cycle it some to check things before I burn that side in. Worst case scenario I will have to shorten the truss on that side.

I cycled the suspension this morning before I cut the 3rd link to length. Since I left the radius arm hooked up on the pass side until I have this side finished I wasn't able to get it in a fully bound position. But it looks to have plenty of room.

Thanks for the heads up though, I think that I will leave that side of the truss just tacked in until I can cycle it fully. I am gonna have Brad come burn it in good for me this week as I don't trust my welds on something as important as this. Don't need to make something worse trying to make it better.

Just weld the ends to the tubes. It has end caps that go on also but I have to get the other radius arm mount off before that can go on. The drivers side will have to be changed up. I may tie it in to the ram mount also, just depends on how it looks when it's finished. Don't know if the trac bar will allow that or not yet.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean. It's not finished in any of these pics. It has one radius arm hooked up at the moment simply to hold the axle where it was while the three link was being done.

The three link will be the same as what Volt and 01TJ are running and theirs work flawlessly.