#BlewTJ

Long. Like 43 eye to eye
Upper is around 38 I think.

I will measure them today if I get my lazy *** out of the house. Allergies got me yesterday/last night.

Last edited:
Going to stick this here for future reference for mainly me. But possibly Nick, or anyone else running ORI's.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1544322-ori-tuning-thread.html
Thread has a lot of useful info on adjusting ORI's as well as vehicle specs and how the shocks reacted to what they did.

I plan to get Nick to come over next week with his tank and help me play with these things a touch. Mainly lower ride height. It was a little firm riding at Gulches IMO, so I may play with the dampening a touch also. From the looks of it, the pressures on the low side should be pretty much spot on for the weight of this unit. May do some more adjusting at OSCAR if it doesn't act like I want it to. I may not screw with it too much until OSCAR though because we all know Gulches is not a place to tune shocks. It's gotta be the roughest place ever.

Last edited:
Start over. Bleed both chambers in each one completely out and let it sit on the bumps. Then we will dial her in. What pressures you got now?

As it sits
Front:
Lower 105 Upper 275
Rear:
Lower: 95 Upper 250

Or atleast that is what is in his notes here.

I think those lower numbers should be pretty close. I think the dampening needs to be adjusted some for ride quality.

My ride height took 275psi to achieve. My dampening is set at 90 and it is very soft but still has a smooth transition into the hydraulic bump. The hyd bumps are also adjustable although I left mine in the pre set position as I barely get into them with my rear crossmember being in the way for now.

Guess we will have to play with it and see. Don't the internal bumps require you to disassemble and change oil/valving? Eff that. I think it will be fine for what I plan on doing with it.

From what I am reading the Rebound is adjusted from the bottom. And is semi adjustable by that screw.

The compression is adjusted from the top cap and is internal. You have to drill holes for less than stock compression or put a cap screw in for a firmer compression.

On a further note, they apparently run antifreeze in the upper cap for fluid...interesting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395519564.893254.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395519594.146546.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395519638.715826.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395519658.330875.jpg
#whogotsdatthreelink

Everything is pretty much done less the end cap on pass side, new lower heims to replace bushings on axle side, and the tie in to the ram mount. Should be all finished up this week.

Still waiting on body armor and what not from the paint shop. Hope to get that this week. Then next weekend play with shocks and put all armor an stuff back on. Then it will be picture time then beat down time at Oscar.

Pics don't really show what I was after but there is about 6" of room at full stuff. Shocks have about 3.5" showing still but the bottom out point on an ORI is still 5/8" of shaft showing. Needless to say, there is plenty of room for up travel. Should be no issues with interference.

I'll try to take some legit non camera phone pics when I get it completely done this week.