APRIL 30, 2011 Spring offroad festival

The SEO FJ Cruiser is all shined up and ready to show. I'm at the shop now waiting for a customer to arrive to do a RTT and awning install and then I'll start packing stuff up. I'm going to run out of room quick!

Copied and pasted from our comp thread on RCC:

After setting up the piles today I determined we will be running 5 gates per course with 5 minutes on the clock. I know the courses are small, but due to the holes and some of the "other" situations you will want to take your time. The finals course will have 3 gates per pile and will be run with a 5 minute time limit. All courses will point out at 40 points. It's gonna be DIFFERENT than our usual comps, obviously, but I think it will definitely be challenging.

Here's some pics of the courses. The courses will be set up by the time everyone shows up in the morning. We're gonna try to make this thing move along as quickly as possible so I'll have just about everything ready to go pretty early.

My truck got a little use today...
IMAG0192.jpg

Course 1 - Donated by Rock Solid Landscape Supply - Nasty climbs
IMAG0194.jpg

Course 2 - Donated by Quality Tool Repair - Looks like a "?"
IMAG0195.jpg

Course 3 - Donated by Lake Murray Landscape Supply - Nicknamed the "S.A.E.S. Course"
IMAG0196.jpg

It's gotta go back after the event...we'll be taking the rip rap style rock like on course 2, which is also underneath the rock on the other two courses back immediately after the comp. The other two types of rock have to be stacked back on their pallets and will be returned to the places that donated them on Monday or Tuesday.

Well I'll be there, but only for a little while. I was wanting to check out my rig on the RTI ramp, but she aint ready, nor do I have the time to do the show. :p
Well, I'll just plan for the next one!

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to Brooks for getting this event going and for inviting us to hold the RC competition at the event. We were glad to be a part of it! Another thanks goes to the guys that helped with the rocks on Friday afternoon too! I'm glad the event was a success and look forward to whatever is next!