APRIL 30, 2011 Spring offroad festival

I was only there a little while, and it was great.
I would possibly say a shorter time frame next go round. I noticed it was packed when i got there, but dead by 2PM. Still great overall.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
True, and we did compact the timeline a little. I think if we would have had the teeter-totter it would have kept people busier longer. At the next meeting we need to have a 'lessons learned' session and discuss what everybody thought.

It turned out better than I expected. Thanks to Brooks for all the leg-work, all of the vendors that came out, the MCJ members who helped out, Clemson Offroad for running the RTI, Ryan for taking care of the RC crawl, and Tripp for all the banners, ballots, soundsystem, etc.

I think its safe to say we owe a big thanks to Brooks! For everything he did to get this event going. Also a big thanks to everyone who helped Ryan, Larry, and everyone who helped friday. Also a big thanks to Miller for letting us use his property and for getting us use of the nice big parking lot. Also to all the people who donated prizes SEO, Hound dog 4x4, Miller,and many many other'

Just wanted to drop a big thanks for a great time. Brooks, you pulled off one heck of an event for a great cause. Bean, thanks for the imprompt to RC crawl'n lessons, had a blast. To all the forum members, it was great getting to meet you in person.

Brooks..You need to buy my Kilby gas skid, I have never seen such a smashed a$$ gas tank in my entire life :) I was left wondering if that tank had busted your knuckles or bashed your forehead and now it suffering its payback.

Great show and a very strong turn out. Brooks, you and your crew did a great job getting things organized, and kept things moving. I didn't see any problems when things slowed down. Most adults don't need constant stimulation.... That is what raffle prizes are for...
What were the scores on the RTI ramp? I think I was 69" on my 103" wb, so what was the winning number?
Thanks,
Ricky

Brooks..You need to buy my Kilby gas skid, I have never seen such a smashed a$$ gas tank in my entire life :) I was left wondering if that tank had busted your knuckles or bashed your forehead and now it suffering its payback.

Thanks to all who helped make it a great event, lets remember this and make it even better next year!!! Thanks guys.

oh...and about the skid plate...yeah its seen better days, just never could justify the cost of a skid...plus now its high clearance, if I put a skid on now I'll lose 3" of ground clearance:grinpimp:

Here is the list of sponsors who donated to the great cause, I just wanted to thank them again for all they did!!!

OffroadSC.com
Gr8Tops
Southeast Overland
Overland Rallies & Overland Journal
Amsoil - Moe Slick
Oreilly Auto Parts
Bone-in Artisan BBQ Food Truck
Carolina Driveline
Gulches ORV Park
Devine Swine BBQ Rub
Outdoor Amusement
Rough Country
Paracord Works
Clemson 4Wheel Center
Hound Dog 4x4
Men @ Work
Papa John's Pizza
Clemson Offroad Club
MidCarolina Jeepers Club

Thank you All for your support!!!!

GREAT Event

The event turned out great and was a great success. A big thanks to Brooks, the officers of the Mid Carolina Jeep Club and everyone else who helped organize and setup and tear down.

It was very well organized from the registration, to physical placement and events throughout the day.

I look forward to having another one bigger and better next year. I think there is still room for a little bit of growth of a slightly larger event to have at the same spot but after that we may need to look at even having at a larger spot.

Any tallies and stats for the following to post so everyone that didn't come has an idea of how big it was:

# of vehicles registered
# of vendors attending
$ amount of money raised for charity
# of people attending throughout day (this one is probably a long shot guess)

62 vehicles registered
13 vendors attending
$1280 raised for charity
~150? people attending throughout day (this one is probably a long shot guess)