04-06 Suburban or Yukon XL

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
that one looks messed with, or wrecked. Wrong grill, wrong wheels, cold air intake, ect. It get him to send you a pic of the casting number on the passenger side head.
I wasn't interested in it, just saw the LTZ.

So what's your opinion of the Southern Comfort conversions? I've got my eye on an '05 with 95K miles and it's super clean (Tripp checked it out for me), but I can't picture it with stock wheels, plain taillights, without all the white trim...

01.jpg
02.jpg
17.jpg

Looks like the front is sitting high, bars turned up?

And it came from Simpsonville Chevrolet. They got shut down by the Feds years ago for doing sketchy ****. Which has nothing to do with the truck, just general knowledge in case your doing SC car dealer trivia one day.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It looks like something an old black guy would use as his church truck
I agree completely, but that's probably why it's so clean and low mileage... I would definitely have to un-ghetto it. Some newer 17 or 18" take-off wheels and tires, factory taillights, unpainted vent visors, paint the trim behind the back window black...

And Matt, where'd you get Simpsonville Chevy? It's at Simpsonville Ford...?

When I did alot of research on the Denali general consensus seemed to be about 2mpg difference. When I had my 6/0 2500 burb mileage was close enough to justify having the big boy. 12ish city and 15ish hwy. Any 5.3 version I had got 12ish city and 17ish hwy. everything I have had usually has 285s on it.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
This will be my wife's car, and won't really be towing, so I don't need the 6.0. I was also thinking a 5.3 would be cheaper down the road, especially if I had to put a motor or transmission in it. But, there seem to be more Denalis out there for sale that fit my criteria.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It's a gm, the motor will go 300k while all the paint falls off the dash....also dafuq y'all need a burb for?
Not NEED... WANT. My wife's car is paid for and worth enough to trade/sell, get what she wants, and pay off the Jeep... We carpool most days anyway and I have my grandma's old park avenue to run the miles up on.

I want a GM that I'm familiar with and can work on myself. I was thinking Tahoe, she said might as well get a burb, I agreed.