04-06 Suburban or Yukon XL

There is a guy in Greenwood doing cluster repair. I am not sure of what he is charging but from what I remember around $150 is a fair price to fix all of the gauges. And you may as well repair the whole thing while it is out.

This is the guy:
https://www.facebook.com/chris.hollingsworth.1291?fref=ufi

You can probably find someone down that way though.

Also, I would not put stop leak in that system unless you want to do a new pump when you fix the box. It can probably be resealed. Where is it leaking at? Sure it isn't a line?

I always wanted to try it but it wasn't feasible when I had the lot. Everything was always rushed, glad that's over.

I will say that it's probably more intimidating than anything but getting them to read accurately takes some time.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I always wanted to try it but it wasn't feasible when I had the lot. Everything was always rushed, glad that's over.

I will say that it's probably more intimidating than anything but getting them to read accurately takes some time.
Yeah, after reading that I'm wondering if somebody already replaced the motor but didn't get the needle back in the right place. I'll have to pay closer attention to it.

Whats it actually doing?

Normally they "stick" and show lower or higher than they should. Or will be really jumpy. You will know if it's a bad motor.

Ive always been told you make the position of the needles with the ignition turned on and the engine cold. and replace them the same way. Fords re calibrare the steppers when you disconnect the battery but apparently these dont. Still tho shouldnt be too bad as long as you mark them before you remove them.

The steppers reset every time the key is cycled. But they have to be in that right initial position. IF that makes any sense.
Yeah they need to know the "Home" location , Still doesnt look too bad of a project. I saw some D-Max buddys the other day doing LED mods to their clusters with Weller Soldering guns.. IDIOTS....

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Whats it actually doing?

Normally they "stick" and show lower or higher than they should. Or will be really jumpy. You will know if it's a bad motor.
Key on not running it is well below zero. When I got home last night I put it in park and tach was sitting on zero. I revved it to make sure it was still running (thing is so quite I really thought it died). I just need to watch it and see if its always low or if it works for a while then skews.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Key on not running it is well below zero. When I got home last night I put it in park and tach was sitting on zero. I revved it to make sure it was still running (thing is so quite I really thought it died). I just need to watch it and see if its always low or if it works for a while then skews.
It's not really that quite. You just couldn't hear it because of the 20 miles you just drove with the Trail Grapplers.