The Morning Doo

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- An armed robber was killed by a customer at an Upstate Waffle House early Saturday, according to Spartanburg County deputies.

The shooting happened at the Waffle House on Chesnee Highway just after 1 a.m.

According to an incident report, two armed men entered the restaurant and tried to rob it. A customer in the Waffle House, who is a concealed weapon permit holder, was also armed with a handgun and attempted to hold the suspects at gunpoint until law enforcement could arrive, deputies said.

Deputies said one of the robbery suspects pointed his gun at the customer, and the customer then shot the man, who died on the scene.

"The gentlemen said it scared him. He thought he was gonna die, so he shot the armed robbery suspect," said Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright.

The suspect has been identified by the Spartanburg County coroner as 19-year-old Dante Lamont Williams. of Roebuck, SC.

An autopsy was scheduled for later on Saturday.

[Kenneth Jowan Craig]
Kenneth Jowan Craig

Sunday deputies announced they had found the second suspect in the shooting.

Deputies arrested Kenneth Jowan Craig, 29, and charged him with armed robbery and possession of a deadly weapon during a violent crime.

The Spartanburg County Violent Crimes Unit is still investigating.

Wright said he made the decision not to release the name of the customer who shot and killed the suspect.

The incident follows Wright's recent encouragement to citizens to get concealed weapons permits and to arm themselves against criminals.

"This guy defended his life and the life of others at the Waffle House by law and by the Constitution. We will not be charging this gentleman," Wright said.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/30267025/detail.html#ixzz1kIEj1FLV
NICE !! If I ever ran for president I'd propose a law that required every Legal US citizen must carry a concealed weapon....wonder what that would do to the crime rate in this country????

What GNCC does
P1030274.jpg

Except the end result is usually this...
moto-usa_borich1s.jpg

Pretty funny though, maybe NASCAR didn't want the drivers to get cold. good thing the got a fire going :shaking:

I've never watched nascar in my life. I'd love to go to one though.

Just had to drink half of a beer on my lunch break. Making french dips in the crockpot and i got a bigger beer then i needed, could let it go to waste so i crushed it.

http://www.wistv.com/story/17036296/scha-president-sponseller-found-dead-in-parking-garage

Chief: Sponseller's death appears to be suicide

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Columbia Police Chief Randy Scott says missing South Carolina Hospitality Association president Tom Sponseller committed suicide.

Sponseller was found dead Tuesday morning in a parking garage near the lobbyist's office in downtown Columbia.

Senior Reporter Jack Kuenzie reported that Chief Scott said it appears Sponseller killed himself. No other details about the cause of death were released.

Columbia Police investigators discovered Sponseller's body 10 days after he went missing in the lower level of a parking garage located at 1122 Lady St. shortly before 11:00 a.m.

Investigators were following up on the investigation and found Sponseller, 61, in a double-enclosed room at the lower level of the parking garage.

The Richland County Coroner's Office is assisting the Columbia Police Department with the investigation and will determine the exact cause of death.

Sponseller was reported missing on February 18. He was last seen at work on Lady St. in downtown Columbia around noon on that Saturday.

Police combed through Sponseller's office building and parking garage, but did not find any evidence until the discovery of Sponseller's body on Tuesday.

Federal agents said Monday that several hundred thousand dollars are missing from the SCHA of which Sponseller is president and CEO. Agents said Sponseller was not a target of the missing money investigation.

Part of the investigation appears to involve the recent departure of Rachel Duncan from the staff of the SCHA.

Her attorneys say Duncan, who had been listed as director of accounting and membership services, is cooperating with the police investigation.

Columbia Police Chief Randy Scott and Richland County Coroner Gary Watts are planning to speak to the media at 2:00 p.m. about the discovery of Sponseller's body. You can watch that press conference live by clicking here.

Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.