The Morning Doo

Main thing that's holding me back is trusses, I haven't figure out how or what to do for it. If I could knock that out I'd be pretty set as I have most of what else I need, besides some more 2x4 for frame. It has rained or been colder then hell every weekend I've gone home with intentions to work on it. But then after I get it sitting on its on weight again it will sit/wait until I have the cash to finish it. I'm broke and doing most all of this from giving handjobs behind TTT's to frat guys. Reason it's sat for so long past times is lack of money and the fact it's just another expense. I had a good time wheeling my Tacoma and would love to LT it because no one else around here has it, and people hate on ifs which makes me like it more.

I'm ready to be in it wheeling and enjoying it I promise. Once I finish this semester it's off to the real world for Stevie and I hope to be able to have it so I can flog as much as I can. I'm still considering going a different route axle wise, I'd really like to get a little more width then what the 44/8.8 I have now has. I might get rid of some of the parts I have to go another route, but I won't sell it. I've had it for 10 yrs almost and have a vision what I want it to be.

sounds like the taco is going under the knife too. Your best bet Steve is to cancel all internet service for a month and you could finish your projects in no time at all. The interweb is your worst enemy:grin:
Haha being so far away from it during the week sucks too. When I actually have good weather and free time I'm an hour away.

Jim, my front in is wore out and rides like doo doo anyway. I'd like to atleast build some uppers for it and put a good coil/strut or coilover on if I could find a deal on a use set to need it up, fix the alignment issues and gain a little more travel. No ones really ever built a set of uppers from what I've seen and I could build a set of boxed uppers with uniballs and bushings for less then 300. Most aftermarket are $550+.

My rear flexs like hell, just need to put new shocks and ubolt flip and she's good. With some armor all around I'd be golden and looking like a badass. I'm trying to sell or trade my toolbox for another camper top, aluminum this time and I would have a very capable and multipurpose rig.

Hauling around my dog is no easy task either and he sure wouldn't fit in my jeep unless I stretched it to unlimited length........maybe I should stretch the tub some........

building some uppers does sound pretty intersting. Luckily my front end is still pretty tight, just need to install my rack bushings...anybody wanna make 50 bucks?

hes good at cutting the back off of stuff, finishing the truggy section may be an issue
Rome wasn't built in a day, and the west wasn't won on salad. Hate all you want to but I'm not giving up on my jeep. Yes I do have hella ADD and I should have more done then I do, but it is what it is. I change my mind a lot because i like to be a little different, I like function over form but like the bling to. Not going to win any awards but i would like to have something a little different the your average jeepforum build. This has been a long time coming, 10 yrs almost and I don't want a cookie cutter rig that looks like every other on the road. Id rather paint it pink and put a huge penis on the front with shake weight stickers all over it. I'd build a smaller version of widej's jeep off pirate if I could, attention to details on it is sick and it seems to work with function in mind.

I know how to stick metal together but don't know a thing about fabricating so it's all being learned as I go, and being creative with it is frustrating at times. I'm also doing 100% of this on my own which is where I sometimes lose motivation. I'll get back to working on it so you fawkers will get off my nuts :flipoff2:

I have still been wheeling though and will continue doing so, riding, driving or pushing the sweet shopping cart I have.

Harvey, don't see the Tacoma ever being truggied. I like full body rigs, and the function Of a bed for cargo and mobile hottubage. I might would bob it double cab length. I've always wanted to build a Tacoma as they are sweet as hell built, and you dont see them to often. I like the IFS in it and would rock it as long as I could. I unfortunately have 2 vehicles that will never get sold from the abuse so I'd hope to eventually get some work done on it. 2 rigs seems dumb but haters gonna hate :flipoff2:

No, two rigs is genius! Everybody needs a decent driver rig and a trailered rig!
Haha I would beat the Tacoma less if it wasn't my only wheeler and keep it for milder things and camping. No trailered rig for me though, might would ride the trailer some eventually but that's just 2 other expenses to worry about and I'm not interested in that anytime soon.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Oh yeah, and a DD. Everybody needs a drivable rig, a trailered rig, a DD... And a tow rig. Crap, no wonder I pay so much in insurance...

Oh yeah, and a DD. Everybody needs a drivable rig, a trailered rig, a DD... And a tow rig. Crap, no wonder I pay so much in insurance...
Or do what I do with a "multi purpose" rig :la: Mine is my DD that gets driven to the trail, trailered when I can find an empty one and tows whatever I need it too.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Or do what I do with a "multy purpose" rig :la: Mine is my DD that gets driven to the trail, trailered when I can find an empty one and tows whatever I need it too.
Yeah, I did that when I was in college. To and from class, and to and from work was fine. But when you drive 100 miles a day, there's very few 'multi purpose' rigs that I would be comfortable (or afford) to do that for long. Once I had a DD, things didn't have to stay streetable, and it went from there :shaking:

Yeah, I did that when I was in college. To and from class, and to and from work was fine. But when you drive 100 miles a day, there's very few 'multi purpose' rigs that I would be comfortable (or afford) to do that for long. Once I had a DD, things didn't have to stay streetable, and it went from there :shaking:
Ohh Larry trust me I need a DD more than anything. When the ZJ is streetable (and thats a big when lately) I would not want to drive it 100 miles a day, let alone pay for all the replacement parts I would wear through in the process. I'm currently having my transmission rebuilt so that completely shot my plans up for looking for a small affordable car.

I built the 4runner to drive and im already eyeing its replacement. It drives great and all but the car will literally go 3 times as far on the same amount of fuel. 600 miles to 14.5 gallons or 200......at least it has a whole 183-30 horsepower to make up for it....One I finish school Ill probably scoop a car and use the runner for toting dogs and yeehawing