The Morning Doo

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I heard they had to re asphalt some spots because it just melted the road away.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
The intense heat from the fire caused severe damage to the median barrier wall and several sections of pavement. SCDOT crews are currently involved in removing burned trees on the shoulder, debris on the roadway and making pavement repairs.

Other damages will be repaired in the coming weeks:

860 feet of barrier wall scorched and damaged by heat.
420 feet of chain link fence burned/melted.
7650 square yards of asphalt roadway – moderate damage & exposed to unleaded fuel.
Inspection of the storm drainage pipe is still underway.

Thankfully the accident didn't actually occur during rush hour. That would have been a bad situation with the lanes stacked. It happened before 6am IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The intense heat from the fire caused severe damage to the median barrier wall and several sections of pavement. SCDOT crews are currently involved in removing burned trees on the shoulder, debris on the roadway and making pavement repairs.

Other damages will be repaired in the coming weeks:

860 feet of barrier wall scorched and damaged by heat.
420 feet of chain link fence burned/melted.
7650 square yards of asphalt roadway – moderate damage & exposed to unleaded fuel.
Inspection of the storm drainage pipe is still underway.
I'd hate to be that truck driver.... time to find a new career if hes at fault

This is why I would never want to live in Greenville. # of crashes on Woodruff Rd. What a cluster...

Police responded to nearly 1,500 crashes between 2010 and 2014, Bragg said. Below is the number of collisions reported on private and public property by year.

•2010: private – 90, public – 117
•2011: private – 101, public – 127
•2012: private – 151, public – 172
•2013: private – 148, public – 172
•2014: private – 169, public – 250

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29...ruff-rd-drivers-starting-monday#ixzz3d8aNBwWT