The Morning Doo

Woopow! I posted this on FB but yall don't all look at that. Any thoughts on deck over versus inline car hauler? I found a good deal on an 18 ft deck over a lot cheaper than any comparable inline haulers.

Last edited:
Pintle hook, never pulled one of those either. I'm a trailer n00b. I've had numerous calls from people in the past 2 months trying to get cars towed and stuff moved though because they see my Jeep loaded up on instagram. Would love to make some side clams doing that too.

01tj

Is it the one that you are asking about on NC4x4? I'm not a fan of trailers that have mobile home axles under them. Whats your price range?

Is it the one that you are asking about on NC4x4? I'm not a fan of trailers that have mobile home axles under them. Whats your price range?
Yeah thats the one. I must of read past where it said it had mobile home axles. And Jimbo I'll be towing with a couple rigs for now, 2500 6.0 suburban, 81 F250 gasser, and we have an 07 1500 burb I use as well if it is an easy tow. When I sign a teaching contract I will be looking for a 7.3 or 6.0 F250.

If its a Hudson, they are not actually mobile home axles. They are old equipment axles, and will be braked on both. If it's a mobile home axle, I'd keep looking.

IMO, you can find a nicer trailer than that for $1500. It may not be this week, but keep your eyes peeled. That thing looks like a basket case. I would buy a factory built trailer also. There is a place in town that sells new 18' tag alongs for $1700 (I think) but they are fairly flimsy trailers.

The place we got ours from will sell factory direct. I bet you can get a nice tag along for $2000 new. Horton Haulers. Just get the heavy duty fenders and if you ever need to haul something with tons you can drive over the fender with no worries.

Ok ill play devils advocate. You don't want a deck over for any of those tow rigs listed. Get as light as possible. A setup like Demarcus has is great. I would plan on towing with a half ton or at very least a gasser. Unless teacher salary has doubled in the last few years. Or you could coach, and sell crack. Grown up life is a mutha. A 2500 burb or v10 excursion is a great budget tow rig. Will pull the hell out of one jeep and you can sleep in it. Way cheaper than a truck too. 5k buys a nice low mileage v10 or 10k buys a diesel truck that prob needs work.

I definitely would go for a low or mid deck trailer over a deckover. They are big and bulky, and unless you have a ridiculous tractor to haul or a Rockwell rig you don't need it.

When we bought our two car, we wanted the lightest possible trailer that would do everything we needed it to. Haul Jay's tractor and all of his equipment he uses in one trip. And haul two rigs to the mountain.

Ok ill play devils advocate. You don't want a deck over for any of those tow rigs listed. Get as light as possible. A setup like Demarcus has is great. I would plan on towing with a half ton or at very least a gasser. Unless teacher salary has doubled in the last few years. Or you could coach, and sell crack. Grown up life is a mutha. A 2500 burb or v10 excursion is a great budget tow rig. Will pull the hell out of one jeep and you can sleep in it. Way cheaper than a truck too. 5k buys a nice low mileage v10 or 10k buys a diesel truck that prob needs work.
#truth

#movehomeitscheaper