Restart with new car Jeep WJ (yeah I finally know what it means)

well it depends on where its rubbing...from what i see i dont beleive wheel spacers are the anwser..it looks like the tires going to rub the bottom of front bumper which should be trimmed..are the tires rubbing on the inside?? if so what?

Tried to take some pics of the places that rub, sorry for all the dirt this is from the test run which revealed problem spots, didn't have change to wash it since:
Rear wheel is reaching outer side of fender (green oval is showing the spot), probably only think that can help is bump stops, or smaller wheels:
2013-03-10210436_zps377742b5.jpg
Front wheel is reaching the fender and inner fender during turns, but seems to be fine on bumps:
2013-03-10210445_zpsa36b697f.jpg

I'm thinking on trimming the fender, but I will need to do it so accurately that it is invisible, or else my wife gone kill me, need suggestions on tools to use to make smooth cut, she just do not understand all this offroading yet. I'm new to it, and haven't convinced her yet that it is good recreation, but this is just question of time, and I want to wheel now, dam.:grinpimp:

How hard is it to change bumpers on WJ? I think I found golden middle in my situation: second set of massive offroad bumpers that do not require trimming, just need to get them cheap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Finally some movement from dead stop. I already solved problem with front bumper, now only concern is rear. I'm currently thinking about installing bump stops as immediate measure for rear, but I’m wondering if I can upgrade my coil springs to something longer than stock and add another 1-1.5 inches of lift. Have anyone tried anything like 3-3.5 inches of total lift without changing shocks or anything else. Also my concern is will it create too big of an angle on drive shaft? What are some problems if any that can be due to such lift (concerning future breakages of suspension parts)?

Here what I get when I try to go over a ditch:
2013-04-30185500_zps460001d0.jpg
2013-04-30185507_zps418c65f5.jpg
2013-04-30185513_zps98bc412d.jpg

Maybe try a set of v8 zj front coils in the rear. Don't even really know if its possible or I'm not sure about the wj, but I know they would lift a normal 4.0 tj and zj about 2". If not a bump stop will be the cheapest route. 2.5" of lift is about the max you can lift without opening a whole new can of beans. Any higher usually means tcase drop or slip yoke elimination on the transfer case.

Try asking over on jeepforum.. I'm sure someone there knows more about wj's than we do...

Sent from my Obama phone....

Last edited:
Got oil changed again in engine and finally decided to look what is in my differentials. So far opened only front, oil was relatively clean in it and didn't find any criminal damage or any damage at all, so that is good. Also I'm trying to figure out what all the different Dana means, my says "02 Dana D 48389.." is it good or bad differential? How hard is it to make a locker for it? Also on the body of differential there is number 0D 168 SW I didn't found this number in my book. Oh and one more question how many gear oil has to fit in differential, I was able to put in only 1.4 quarts and it started to overflow through filling hole?
2013-05-10181822_zps73559a91.jpg
2013-05-10191754_zpsa8fb624e.jpg
2013-05-10193429_zpsa68105b3.jpg
This is how my diff cover looked like when I took it off.
2013-05-10191829_zpsedee12d5.jpg
I used just one peace of paper towel to get all the dirt out, so it looks like a lot but it wasn't too bad.
This is after cleaning.
2013-05-10193406_zpsafdcfee9.jpg

Need expert advice on the following:
I'm thinking aobut adding this springs to my jeep http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/rear-coil-springs-heavy-load-p-8776.html?osCsid=4206d98cd62b3b34a3585a9cb151b0be to add some extra height at the rear and also to make it more load friendly, mine current springs seems to be abit exhausted and don't do their job good. On the poker run I was driving empty jeep just with me and my wife in and still on two of the bridges I felt how bump stops met each other and at relaxed state they have about 3 inches between them.

Here is what I'm conserned about: will this extra lift mean that I need to install some other lift kit parts in order to prevent damage to transfer case or other parts? Currently running on 2 inch BB's so this springs will total me at 3.5 inches at rear and 2 inches front.

Need expert advice on the following:
I'm thinking aobut adding this springs to my jeep http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/rear-coil-springs-heavy-load-p-8776.html?osCsid=4206d98cd62b3b34a3585a9cb151b0be to add some extra height at the rear and also to make it more load friendly, mine current springs seems to be abit exhausted and don't do their job good. On the poker run I was driving empty jeep just with me and my wife in and still on two of the bridges I felt how bump stops met each other and at relaxed state they have about 3 inches between them.

Here is what I'm conserned about: will this extra lift mean that I need to install some other lift kit parts in order to prevent damage to transfer case or other parts? Currently running on 2 inch BB's so this springs will total me at 3.5 inches at rear and 2 inches front.
I'm no expert on WJs but I would say you should probably be ok. Some of the WJs with the upcountry or overland package I think had a 1" lift from the factory, and I think I have seen people run the 2" spacers with that. The WJs have a fairly large rear driveshaft, you may need to put a few washers under your tcase skid bolts to drop it down just a hair if you get vibes.

I would think you would need new shocks for the rear, at 3.5" of lift they are probably going to be to short. I don't know how the rear suspension of the WJ is exactly, do you have a track bar? I know they have the upper A arm set up, but can't recall if they eliminates the track bar or not. If not, you may possibly need an adjustable track bar.

I would think you would need new shocks for the rear, at 3.5" of lift they are probably going to be to short. I don't know how the rear suspension of the WJ is exactly, do you have a track bar? I know they have the upper A arm set up, but can't recall if they eliminates the track bar or not. If not, you may possibly need an adjustable track bar.
yeah, I forgot his bb didnt come with longer shocks. I would probably add shocks all around anyways with the spacers.

I've been doing some research on the socks and I found these at price that is suitable for me: Skyjacker Hydro 7000 for $37 each, are these any good, or maybe I should look at some other brands.
Thanks everyone for suggestions.

I've been doing some research on the socks and I found these at price that is suitable for me: Skyjacker Hydro 7000 for $37 each, are these any good, or maybe I should look at some other brands.
Thanks everyone for suggestions.
from my experience all the white body shocks are very similar. You get what you pay for with shocks, but if you are getting white body shocks just find the cheapest. If you want it to ride good, or similar to stock I would avoid the skyjackers or any white body shock.

Its a spare bumper from other car, and it was out of color with my. I wanted to make it pure black, but in store light was not bright enough and I get dark brown by mistake, so I decided to see what it will yield. It is still in progress, I'm not satisfied with final look yet so I'm thinking what to do next with it. This is just one of the potential ideas, to see how it looks and if I want to continue in this direction.