Project: An old friend lives

AC4713EF-C196-4E8E-9C84-0578554EA505-1043-000000CC43192461.jpg

Built a little rear bumper and tire mount. Since the back of the truck is so light I wanted to move the spare further back plus give me some storage space back.

Been in the shop lately getting ready for an axle swap and linked suspension. Have a set of land cruiser axles going in it. This will get me a high pinion 3rd in the front with a lot better brakes and ruffly 7-8"s wider than my mini truck axles. The rear end uses a 9.5 third member and some pretty big breaks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391574924.807409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my last rig I cut torched/drilled/grinded/cussed/grinded/cussed. So this go around I order everything I needed from Barnes. I rolled the dice on a D60 truss
since no one makes one specific. It should center up nicely over the offset rear end. I also picked up a link bracket to mount the hiems horizontally. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391575190.184695.jpg

The front is alittle tricky. I could have went with Hellfire fan knuckle ($800) which moves my steering to the front and makes it high steer. Well being I need Longfields ($800) also I'm opting for carrying spare knuckles and nice shafts. But to fix my steering issue I ordered an arm for a Right Hand Drive cruiser.. From what I read it should convert easily
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391575536.910915.jpg

Most toy rear ends the cover is welded on from the factory. But these have removable covers. Which I like so I can inspect things without tearing it completely apart. And let's you run a heavy duty cover, this one is from Ballistic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391575918.602678.jpg

The kewl rims will bolt on these axles. As far as linking it. Leaves just didn't give me what I was looking for, plus a good set of those is outrageous.