Post your Picture of the day

#turndownforwhat?

20140608_195325_zpsfkamjlwe.jpg

And if you missed jeep night this past thursday, this guy drove from California and is running for President. I think he's got a good shot at winning with these campaign stickers he has.
20140605_210840_zpsc7pf8ljj.jpg

looks good steve. One thing I have seen with my old smoker was with the vents on top like that you cannot smoke stuff in the rain. The lid fills up and pours water on the fire.
I thought about that after I'd drilled 2 of the holes and it started thundering. I'd like to find a lid for it off a grill, or else using the doming dies on the pullmax or eckold to make something.

Do you run a heat diffuser or bowl of water in yours? Saw some plans on the internet concerning both but don't know to much about smoking.

I thought about that after I'd drilled 2 of the holes and it started thundering. I'd like to find a lid for it off a grill, or else using the doming dies on the pullmax or eckold to make something.

Do you run a heat diffuser or bowl of water in yours? Saw some plans on the internet concerning both but don't know to much about smoking.
I have used both, but I like the results without them better. If I do a boston but I do it fat side down contrary to what all you will read though. The fat helps block the heat.

That is true brooks but it doesn't allow the fat to melt through the meat. It will be a lot juicier if it's fat side up. You can use cheap bacon as a shield.
I know thats what you read, and thats what I have heard before, but there is plenty of fat in the meat to melt through the meat. I have done it both ways. It really doesn't work like they say it does.

I cooked my loin in a slim tray of tin foil and kept the marinade around it on Memorial day. It was probably the best pork I have ever had. The smoke ring was thin, but a loin isn't really something you want (or I want) with a heavy heavy smoke flavor.

I cooked my loin in a slim tray of tin foil and kept the marinade around it on Memorial day. It was probably the best pork I have ever had. The smoke ring was thin, but a loin isn't really something you want (or I want) with a heavy heavy smoke flavor.
yeah, a loin has no fat, so its easy to dry it out in a smoker if you arent careful. I have used the trays under the pork butts in the past, I just like it to get the nice crust all around it.