Oscar3 coverage

I was wondering who won. I think the registration could include a raffle ticket and the Oscar challenge could be for the best prize or prizes. Just a suggestion. I think we should have a suggestions thread to maybe work some of the bugs out.
Fasho, we normally do a thread every year. Remember? Marcus votes on where to go besides Harlan? We go to Harlan anyway???:flipoff2:

Wow, that exit has changed since last year. It's been a winchfest the last couple years. Nice climb.
That was not the exit at the end. That was the exit where the bath tub is. It was a winch fest up top and we were about the 8th rig in so we turned around and hit that exit then went to some more trails

I think you mean 1 vote Micah not Frank. Thanks for putting this on Brooks and everyone else involved. We all had a blast and it was nice catching up with everyone! So glad I could make it this year and will definitely be back for oscar4!
Yes, sorry I mistyped that. If Zack hadn't voted for Micah we would have just had a first and second place.

I was wondering who won. I think the registration could include a raffle ticket and the Oscar challenge could be for the best prize or prizes. Just a suggestion. I think we should have a suggestions thread to maybe work some of the bugs out.
The oscar challenge has some bugs and I would like to make it better so any suggestions on it would be appreciated.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The only way to make everyone happy is to remove any subjectivity. If you have multiple prizes, give one for the fastest run, one for the smoothest run (count backs or impacts with rocks), and one for peoples choice. Frank definitely had the fastest run and put on a show, but it wasn't clean or smooth. There was metal scraping the whole time. In Kirbys run, I didn't hear him hit anything, he was smooth going forward and put on a show going backwards.

Brooks...it shouldn't be too hard for ya'll to improve the challenge with the background in RC comps that you've picked up the last year or so. Just apply the same things to this...probably without gates of course...just time and reverses.

It really could be based solely on time. Start a timer...every reverse adds a couple seconds to the run. Add the penalty to the total elapsed time at the end...simple enough?

It was definitely a popularity contest the past two years from what I'm seeing. Sure some of the people might not "know" Kirby...but if you wait and vote that night after they've watched him go through forward and backward they're gonna know who he is and vote accordingly.

In any case...making it the quickest run through that wins should really ramp up the action and crazy situations that people get into.

If you want to add some extra flair to it throw that "second" line up and over the rock instead of squeezing between the tree into it. If the driver takes that line successfully award them a bonus...a substantial amount of time deducted from the run...maybe a few minutes even just to make it tempting!

Nobody knew Robbie last year....he was just the guy with the weird accent and rusty jeep that uses the f word as a comma. He won because he caressed that jeep through like you caress a tender lady

output_3CyQ2d.gif

I was trying to avoid a speed competition because of the dangers. There are people in the lions den during the challenge and I would rather have a smooth run than a stupid fast one.

Attachments

Last edited: