OSCAR Coverage

Damn, I thought we winched a lot out of the way last year when Daniel busted that oil pan.

But, what is the actual story here? I have heard talk but no actual story. Which rock was moved? The big one in the center is what it looks like from the pics.

typo, thanks after typing all of the sponsors names a hundred times you would think I would have it right.
No worries... We knew when we chose the name that we would have to deal with this. We made it all one word SEVENSLAT4X4 and even our vendors/partners get it wrong.

We were glad to be a part of this years event and we can't wait for next year as we will attend an up the ante with our prize!!

Hey, how's about some pics of rigs on our challenge!?!? What gives?? lol

shop.sevenslat4x4.com

I could've sworn there were three people on the podium for the clean sweep challenge???
You are correct, I'm terrrible with names and wasnt sure who it was. I'm sorry!

And on that note, is YJeeper (David) the one that won the Sevenslat Prize? I cant remember for sure who it was, but I think he was the winner of it.

No worries... We knew when we chose the name that we would have to deal with this. We made it all one word SEVENSLAT4X4 and even our vendors/partners get it wrong.

We were glad to be a part of this years event and we can't wait for next year as we will attend an up the ante with our prize!!

Hey, how's about some pics of rigs on our challenge!?!? What gives?? lol

shop.sevenslat4x4.com

The oscar challenge was around the whole park, each stage contained a code. Everyone had to collect the codes to get into the raffle.

Here is the Breakdown of Oscar Challenge Sponsors/Locations

Southeast Overland - Mason Jar
Sevenslat4x4 - Can Opener
Krawl Off-Road - White Tail
CFS Off-Road - Lions Den
Performance 4x4 - Railbed
Clemson 4wheel Center - Dairy Hut
OffroadSC.com - Registration Tent

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I was there when Miller and Frank went through Canopener, but didn't take any pictures. I was still coming through upper rock garden and they slipped through can opener quick.

Did you snag our sign? No pics but hopefully we can have that to hang up in the shop!?

shop.sevenslat4x4.com
Yes, we got all of the vendors signs except for Krawl Off-Road, it was stolen saturday during the day. We plan to get them to the vendors soon. You are the only one we cant hand deliver, we gave them out to the vendors that attended and I plan to bring the Southeast Overland Sign to them at their Grand opening April 20th. Will you be in SC anytime soon?

I actually would have noticed that rock had moved as I have been up that trail more than a couple of times in more than one rig. It was absolutely passable before, maybe not in that day due to conditions, but it has been made many times before.
I know I probably wouldn't have noticed being moved, but then again I've only driven the trail one other time...and yes it was passable...but I'm absolutely certain that a few rocks have moved since the last time I was there.

In other words don't f up a perfectly good trail because your oil burning pile can't make it over. If you noticed miller couldn't make it then you should have also noticed how he manned up and admitted it, then backed down.
I have no idea who you are or what you drive...at least not based on your screen name, but if you were paying attention you would know that I didn't even give it a try because I had been asked/told to try to move it so I pulled up and my winch line was attached to it...and the rest is obvious. Then I did give it a go and made it. Do I wish I'd tried it prior to it being moved...yes...can I change that now...no.

As far as my "pile" burning oil...well...you're correct :smokin:

You are correct, I'm terrrible with names and wasnt sure who it was. I'm sorry!

And on that note, is YJeeper (David) the one that won the Sevenslat Prize? I cant remember for sure who it was, but I think he was the winner of it.
I'm actually JebPat's brother. It was his rig with him driving.

Yes, we got all of the vendors signs except for Krawl Off-Road, it was stolen saturday during the day. We plan to get them to the vendors soon. You are the only one we cant hand deliver, we gave them out to the vendors that attended and I plan to bring the Southeast Overland Sign to them at their Grand opening April 20th. Will you be in SC anytime soon?
We are there all the time. Keep it safe and I will let you know when we will be there. Our next trip is Jeep beach so we won't be there soon lol

shop.sevenslat4x4.com

01tj

I know I probably wouldn't have noticed being moved, but then again I've only driven the trail one other time...and yes it was passable...but I'm absolutely certain that a few rocks have moved since the last time I was there.

I have no idea who you are or what you drive...at least not based on your screen name, but if you were paying attention you would know that I didn't even give it a try because I had been asked/told to try to move it so I pulled up and my winch line was attached to it...and the rest is obvious. Then I did give it a go and made it. Do I wish I'd tried it prior to it being moved...yes...can I change that now...no.

As far as my "pile" burning oil...well...you're correct :smokin:
Yeah but if everytime someone couldnt make a trail they cut the tree down, winched the rock out of the way, or what ever it would all be a highway. If it gets throw out of the way when someone goes up the trail thats fine. Robbie was saying there is signs at Rausch Creek saying no rock stacking, because everyone trys to fill in the holes on the trails. We all go out there for a challenge, right?

I see your point and I knew that prior to being involved in this, but the rock wasn't winched out of the way or off of the trail...it was simply moved. It's interesting that so many people have such a problem with this but failed to say one word about it while they watched it go down...

Yeah but if everytime someone couldnt make a trail they cut the tree down, winched the rock out of the way, or what ever it would all be a highway. If it gets throw out of the way when someone goes up the trail thats fine. Robbie was saying there is signs at Rausch Creek saying no rock stacking, because everyone trys to fill in the holes on the trails. We all go out there for a challenge, right?
Wonder where I can get some dynomite for pony hill? I always wanted to go up that.