New Smartphones

Huh?

Are you referencing that wifi turns off with airplane mode? I guess I never realized, because who actually turns there phone off? If a cell phone could bring down a plane, half the country would be dead.

Get on a airplane with no WiFi.... Checkmate !
He was talking about accessing the "cloud" without wifi

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

@wolfGT, at the plant I work at there hardly isn't any signal and the wifi is locked so no one can us it, so for me it is nice to have the extra space for movies I jave downloaded onto my phone

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I have never understood why anyone need 10gb of music on their phone. With pandora and every other music service out there, music libraries are a thing of the past. I have somewhere in the range of 30gb of music that I haven't touched for over a year.

I pay extra for internet streaming off my Sirius satellite radio but I still can't justify WiFi on a plane for entertainment purposes. Or what about in the jeep in the mtns with no service. I couldn't depend on strictly cloud storage for anything. There are still too many places I travel with poor to no cell coverage.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ah, understandable. You've got a bunch of time on your hands.

But seriously, I'm not loyal to any device. But there isn't any issue with the iPhone that there isn't a solution available. Maybe it costs more money, but in the end, it just works and is very easy to use.

I can't stand the google devices. There all different and none of them work remotely the same. I've had them all and tried my best to like them all. But yet I came back to the iPhone and I am honestly relieved.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I pay extra for internet streaming off my Sirius satellite radio but I still can't justify WiFi on a plane for entertainment purposes. Or what about in the jeep in the mtns with no service. I couldn't depend on strictly cloud storage for anything. There are still too many places I travel with poor to no cell coverage.

You can get more storage for an iPhone. Either via a case or many many devices/adapters. Like I said, there is a solution for everything. It may cost more, but it works great.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Has anyone ever noticed how with the new ios update for iphone made the multitasking just like an android...

Yah, boy did that throw me off. I picked up an iPad at a client that had the new iOS, it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how to close an open app.

Has anyone ever noticed how with the new ios update for iphone made the multitasking just like an android...

Apple isn't innovating anymore, they are playing catch up. (Granted they are possibly working to perfect others' ideas before releasing them) Like the Finger print reader that per Brooks, works sometimes. Motorola had that on a device in 2011 and abandoned it, for good reason.

You buy a Chevy, Ill buy a Ford. I might have to kick the old Ford in *** every now and again, but that extra horse power is what im after...

Android is so much more powerful and open. For example, Last week in 3 hours I wrote a Serial implementation (enumeration)[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]and a Application to talk to an external Microprocessor. That first off isn't possible (maybe if i had 100g,5 developers, and a year it could be) with the Apple hardware (Limited support for usb host OTG). On top of that a subscription is required by apple to access the development tools (to even try and get something working), with little to no support include with the subscription, and convoluted deployment/publishing requirements.

Bottom line. I love Android, I have been using if for a very long time. I believe it is a far superior and powerful OS. I have never had a issue with OS level reliability, (bought a crappy HTC device one time, {but hey even the almighty apple has had some serious hardware flaws, recall the "it doesnt work unless its in a case issue"}) that were not solved by uninstalling or clearing the cache on a crap app.

In Closing.. You keep your Apple Devices, Ill Keep my Android.... I'm still always gonna Hate on Apple Mobile Devices...

Id rather have a Blackberry than a iPhone, at least people could hear me on the phone and my emails would get to me..

#Android>Apple #PoweroverPretty #pileofcrapismoreusefulthaniTunes #overpricedandoverrated #loosingmarketshare

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The finger print reader works great. I haven't had any issues. Brooks just doesn't have any finger prints left.

98% of the world doesn't ever care to write code on a phone or any computer device. So the fact that you wrote something with it or for it is a very limited specialty that not even me would assume to know anything about (I would pull out my remaining hair if I attempted).

I don't hate on any manufacturer of devices or software. I fell into that loyalty pit once and it left me wondering why I got left behind (thanks symantec). Technology changes so fast, just saying "Apple/Microsoft/blah blah blah sucks" without actually trying them out every now and then will get someone stuck in a nasty rut.

At last count, there are over 475 completely different implementations of android. Every manufacturer has the ability to modify it to their desires (no matter how ridiculous they are). Android is a great os, but it definitely has it's problems.

It seems like its most loyal followers are the ultra techie programmers. The same ones that hate Microsoft and proclaim that their Linux box is the best thing since multiple orgasms. But yet they can't do anything on it that a normal person would want to do. Just seems like the same old "fight the power" mentality over and over. Even though it's a great product, they just don't want to hear it.

In the last 10 years, I have personally had 4 blackberrys, a couple of the nextel push-to-talk phones, 4iphones (counting this one), 1 windows 8 phone, 2 android phones and a couple flip phones. For the normal every day person that wants to use there phone for phone calls, email, calendar and the crazy amount of apps out there, the iPhone is at the top of the list. It's stable, pretty and easy to use.