New Smartphones

I just like talking **** about iDevices, they caused me a lot of headaches when they first started but I've been told they have gotten better...I just have a lot of frustration with them....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I just like talking **** about iDevices, they caused me a lot of headaches when they first started but I've been told they have gotten better...I just have a lot of frustration with them....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Likewise...lol. I was a long time Blackberry owner and went straight to the iPhone when it was finally time to retire my curve or whatever that thing was. Jay has had the droid phones but has had nothing but issues with them and they don't last very long. I am going on 3-4 years with my iPhone 4 and see no reason to upgrade.

As far as iphone vs droid....droid has better camera, cooler features, more models, more storage options, more storage period, and lots of choices in size. And you can hook them to a tv or other device better. ITunes is also the ******* devil and makes me want to kick a kitten. I also miss google's mytracks app. However my iphone almost NEVER fucks up. My droid fucked up all the ******* fuckity **** **** **** time. Freezing, crashing, turning off for no reason ect.

I just hate that iTunes is really the only way to do anything. It will back your phone up but none of your files are accessible also your iTunes name can only link to so many iTunes accounts, so if you like to go around and download music off other people computer you have to sync to their machine and you can only do so many. Also cate and I shared a computer and Everytime on of us plugged in it synced all our **** to both phones.

I just hate that iTunes is really the only way to do anything. It will back your phone up but none of your files are accessible also your iTunes name can only link to so many iTunes accounts, so if you like to go around and download music off other people computer you have to sync to their machine and you can only do so many. Also cate and I shared a computer and Everytime on of us plugged in it synced all our **** to both phones.
I do know from having my ipod, I just went and got music from different peoples computers in college, I just turned off auto sync, so you only sync what you want. Thats an easy fix. Now you can back to the cloud without messing with itunes. And I can plug my iphone into the computer and get all my pictures without using itunes.

Im talking a real deal backup. Where I can back my phone up to iTunes, smash it with a hammer, plug in another phone and it syncs right back. This is a cool feature and allows it to be like you never lost a phone. It backs up EVERYTHING: texts, memos, pics, the whole deal. However it sucks when it says your new phone doesn't have room for all your shits because the new ios is slightly larger and you don't have the room. You cannot go through iTunes and delete files or apps. You have to delete **** on the old phone then back it up again.

Im talking a real deal backup. Where I can back my phone up to iTunes, smash it with a hammer, plug in another phone and it syncs right back. This is a cool feature and allows it to be like you never lost a phone. It backs up EVERYTHING: texts, memos, pics, the whole deal. However it sucks when it says your new phone doesn't have room for all your shits because the new ios is slightly larger and you don't have the room. You cannot go through iTunes and delete files or apps. You have to delete **** on the old phone then back it up again.
I despise apple devices solely because iOS isn't a fully functional operating system. Your restricted by what apple wants you to do with their devices (Probably explains why they are considered a bit more stable). I have so much more ability to manage files, etc. with my droid devices. If apple would put some file management abilities into their devices i might consider.{even thought they would be playing catch up again} ( having said that i will probably end up with a crapple phone at work, I'm doing a Development project and i will need to test on both os's. Apple is the biggest pain in the *** to setup a developer account with....)

Jimbo.. if Itunes makes you wanna kick a kitten, it makes me wanna squish a cute puppy with a steam roller. Not everyone has 1 computer they want to sync (even transfer for that matter) with.

BTW all of my music is now stored (copy) in the Google Music cloud, Photos automatically backed up to my Google account, contacts safe inside my gmail, purchased apps listed in my app store, everything i need to recover at a moments notice.... its AWESOME.. Kept my only Droid Razr Maxx to use as a itouch type device... all is good in my droid world.

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Jimbo, welcome to the future. There really is not reason that you need to use iTunes any longer. You can backup and restore your phone to and from iCloud.

I really don't get into the what is better discussions, but I can almost positively say that I have had more of these phones (all makes and models) in my hands than anyone else here and anyone else you may know of (oh, what a geeky life I lead). And the iPhone is just plain and simple the easiest and most fluid to use and does everything most everyone would want, and more. But, just like computers, cars or women, if someone is biased, it doesn't matter what you say.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You have a phone with GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, location services and whatever else they haven't told us about. If the government (or anyone else for that matter) wanted to be there, they already are. The cloud is nothing more than smart storage that isn't on the physical device.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ok, I'll play along. Why would I ever need to use a micro sd card on my iPhone? With cloud storage and sync nowadays, I haven't touched any type of sd card for years. If you just need more storage, think about that ahead of time and get a phone with more storage. If you don't want to do that, get a case that adds more storage. Like the mophie case. It has an additional 8 hour battery and now built in storage. If you are hell bent on using an sd card for whatever reason, get a case (like the iExpander) that will accept micro sd cards. But like I said, with iCloud, skydrive, Dropbox and many others, I don't see why.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Huh?

Are you referencing that wifi turns off with airplane mode? I guess I never realized, because who actually turns there phone off? If a cell phone could bring down a plane, half the country would be dead.