My XJ's Big Boy Stage

So got the new master cylinder worked out.. Works great! Still need to try to figure out a bigger booster now. Might try a ZJ booster with front and rear discs. I've read where they push a little more booster for the rear discs. Bought another set of tires. Set of 35" Toyos I'm going to put on the H2s for a little while. Going to sell the 37s for now. They are just too heavy for my set up. I'll wheel the 35s for a little while till I can afford a set of lighter 37s. Plus that way I should be able to beat on it like a use to without worry. Through the H2s and 40s on yesterday for a local Jeep Cruise in. I love the way they look lol might have to eventually big it to handle them haha the rear end is a little too narrow for them but whatever. Going to have the 35s put on this week. Need to start saving a little more for a trailer and cage later on. So will probably be holding off on the Jeep for a little while but never know lol may come across a sweet deal. We'll see.

IMG_6417_zps9d8c04b1.jpg

IMG_6423_zps7fdf6df3.jpg

Ok so its been a little while. Sold my old 37s and put a set of 35" Toyos on it. Also got another set of shafts they need new u joints and also picked up a set of warn hubs. Haven't had time to install any of it yet. Big thing right now is I am pretty sure my 0331 head has finally given up on me. My bro was driving it the other day and the gauge shot to the red and smoke started billowing from the hood vents. Was able to get home and since I had some spare time I pulled it in and started the tear down. I still can't see any signs of a cracked head or a bad gasket, but I'm going to replace it anyway now that I have it off. Will be a little while before I'll get back together though. So for now I guess my Jeep will be sitting headless for a little while.

IMG_6528_zps44b27e0a.jpg

IMG_6540_zps59c56ca2.jpg

IMG_6545_zpsfc849acf.jpg

IMG_6546_zps752f55be.jpg

IMG_6547_zpsd58508c4.jpg

Also finally got my old axles on my Dad's Jeep. Clearances up front are tight but they work. Got the rear shaft for it yesterday but not waiting on rear uppers and we'll see how she does. Also Got some new tires on my Mom's Jeep. 35x12.5 Trail Grapplers. She doesn't have a lift right now but she needed tires so we decided to go big and lift it later. They fit for road driving just have to take your time pulling into parking lots and going over speed bumps and still its only rubbing the inner plastic.

IMG_6509_zpscab9380a.jpg

IMG_6507_zps968bb4e2.jpg

IMG_6504_zps7ac0e6d3.jpg

IMG_6505_zps69faa655.jpg

IMG_6500_zpse923966d.jpg

That's not to bad. Where did you order from?

I'm trying to track down some cooling issues in my XJ,
Bucks Engine Warehouse in Greenville on White Horse road.. What year is yours? The 0331 was only on late 99s through 01 and number one symptom is unexplained coolant loss. When mine first started showing signs about once a year it would run it self clean out of coolant and recently its been getting worse till it I got fed up with it.

1996 with 178k on it. It does that exactly, i throw coolant in probably once a month here recently. Replaced the thermostat, housing, water pump, hoses and the radiator is only about 4 yrs old. It doesn't leave coolant on the ground or anything and it doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere that i can see, but i do get a burnt coolant smell sometimes. All while the temp stays at 195-205

Completely unrelated but this just made me think. I am pretty sure the thermostat housing has been leaking on my TJ for 2.5 yrs. Maybe it's time to fix that and put a valve cover gasket on the ol' girl.

Completely unrelated but this just made me think. I am pretty sure the thermostat housing has been leaking on my TJ for 2.5 yrs. Maybe it's time to fix that and put a valve cover gasket on the ol' girl.
Yeah my valve gasket had the normal 140k seepage. And when I got the cylinder head off, I noticed my thermostat was done.. Housing was still holding though

Well got the motor back together.. Sorry no pics. But she runs.. Got a few little things I need to do now before I'll be back out on the trail. Ordered some custom control arm joints today. Will probably be next week before I get them. Need to do something about that shaft I broke.. I bought a stock set. But I'm thinking about just ordered an in we chromo for that side after reading about the short side being the weakest. Also need to install my warn hubs and get some camber shims.. Then she'll be ready for the trails again. Will keep everyone posted

New control arm joints came in today. Will try and get those put in tomorrow. Went to swap out the hub on the long side the other day and noticed that the U-joint in that shaft was toast too. Got some new u joints put in today. So now all I have to do is get the nub out of the carrier from the broke shaft and put it all back together.

IMG_6625_zpsd5eb9da6.jpg

Also added something a little special...
IMG_6623_zps6e58abb3.jpg

Finally pulled the Jeep out of the garage after about of month. Got the new joints, lock outs, and shafts in. Drove it around and she rides a little better with axle sitting where it wants. Sitting with around 106" wheelbase now which is what i've been wanting. Though there is more then enough thread in the bung to be safe I'm still a little unsettled with as much shaft exposed on those joints, might end up gusseting them to avoid deflection.

IMG_6628_zps2a237be6.jpg