MCJ Hot Springs Trip March 16-18

if i end up going, i'll bring my spare shafts. if i don't, you can come by and pick them up before you go! honestly i'm kinda surprised i haven't broken my 35 yet.
the d35 holds up pretty well when its open with under 35" tires, but when you put a locker in it, you can break it on 31s.

No. I ordered some stronger shafts until I can get some money together, ther not cromo but are supposed to be stronger than factory.
the biggest thing is, if we need to change a shaft in the woods we are going to be miles offroad from anything, so we will need to have:

spare shaft
Long magnet to get the broken shaft piece out of the carrier
gear oil
RTV to seal the cover
tools to remove the tire, dif cover, c-clips
drain pan
Jackstand and Jack

And all this is assuming that when the shaft breaks it doesnt take out the detroit locker side gear. Most of the time when a shaft breaks it breaks the detroit from the shock load.

Yeah it wasn't easy getting the dozen or so pieces out on a dry shop floor, I can't imagin doing on a off camber trail. Might better wait till I can get another axle. Was thinking about the Dana 60.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It looks like my parents won't be going. My grandma is supposed to be released from the nursing home that Friday if all goes well. If anything changes I'll let you know.

What are food plans for Friday night and Saturday morning? Will it be too many people for some good dutch oven cooking?

It looks like my parents won't be going. My grandma is supposed to be released from the nursing home that Friday if all goes well. If anything changes I'll let you know.

What are food plans for Friday night and Saturday morning? Will it be too many people for some good dutch oven cooking?
Cole and I were talking about that tonight while stacking rocks. Brian has a 14" dutch oven we are goign to try to borrow then we can feed a small army!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We'll plan on bringing Smores stuff. If anyone has roaster sticks bring them. We have 4 I think. Do we need to bring anything else for Friday night or Saturday morning?

Who will have room for firewood?

Brooks & Andrea - TJ
Tripp & Conner - TJ
Larry & Burgundy - XJ
Cole & Stacey - XJ
Greg & Girl - TJ
Kent & Dale - JK

Yall want to do the pizza pasta friday night? or do you have any other requests?

Alright well lets plan to meet Dale and Kent on the way to the trail then on friday. Looks like the trail we really wanted to run (stoney creek) wont be open by then. But we can still run Horse Creek friday. Then Saturday we can hopefully run Paint Creek. If Paint Creek is not open, we will go down to max patch, buzzards roost and Cataloochee and run a trail down there.