MCJ Hot Springs Trip March 16-18

We discussed it a bit at the meeting last night and I will post up details as we get them.

At this time It looks like we are camping at the Hot Springs Campground on Friday and Saturday nights.

Friday there will be a group leaving chapin around 8am so that we can get a trail ride in on friday.

Friday we will be riding the Horse Creek Trail in TN We will be stopping for lunch around Asheville, NC

The Trail head is about an hour north of Asheville.

We will then travel to the Hot Springs Campground for Friday Night.

Saturday we will be running the Paint creek trail.

We will do lunch on the trail and have dinner at The Iron Horse Station

We will be leaving Sunday Morning and have breakfast at the Smokey Mountain Diner.

Here are some pics from our last trip.

mcjcampip.jpg

mcjcamsvs.jpg

mcjcamsms.jpg

mcjcamfvf.jpg

mcjcamlcl.jpg

just called and booked the one site for two nights. We'll see what the headcount looks like to determine if we want to book the other site as well.

We made reservations for Thurs, Fri and Sat nights so we can drop off the rv rig on Thurs and meet the Fri group for the Horsecreek Trail ride. Let us know a good meeting spot for Fri. Looks like a great trip. You guys are planners.

what time are yall leaving on friday? I just realized won't be getting out of school early that day and i can't miss any more school cause i'm missing 4 days when i go to Hawaii over spring break.

what time are yall leaving on friday? I just realized won't be getting out of school early that day and i can't miss any more school cause i'm missing 4 days when i go to Hawaii over spring break.
larry and I are leaving early friday morning, but you could come up later in the day thats no problem.

After Talking at the Offroad Festival Meeting last night we have a better idea of headcount on this trip.

Brooks & Andrea - TJ
Tripp & Conner - TJ
Larry & Burgundy - XJ
Cole & Brian - XJ
Dick & Pat - Sammy
Greg & Girl with questionable morals? - TJ
Kent & Dale - JK

01tj

After Talking at the Offroad Festival Meeting last night we have a better idea of headcount on this trip.

Brooks & Andrea - TJ
Tripp & Conner - TJ
Larry & Burgundy - XJ
Cole & Brian - XJ
Dick & Pat - Sammy
Greg & Girl with questionable morals? - TJ
Kent & Dale - JK
Is there a story behind that one Greg?

I was thinking about going and bringing my son. Y'all think my patched 35 will make it?
if i end up going, i'll bring my spare shafts. if i don't, you can come by and pick them up before you go! honestly i'm kinda surprised i haven't broken my 35 yet.

Last edited: